BabyCakes Baking Company

www.babycakesshop.com - (310) 373-2500

BabyCakes Baking Company Torrance Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
I Finally Met a Cupcake I Didn't Like! :-( Sep 06, 2008
I was very excited to find a cupcake bakery in Torrance near my parents house and thought I obviously needed to check it out to see how it compared with the other ones I've tried.

Sadly, I was not as impressed as I hoped I would be. We arrived late on Saturday, about 20 minutes before they closed and I was optimistic because their cases were pretty much empty. I thought this was a good sign since they had sold out for the day. They had a few left - 4 chocolate cookie dough, 3 chocolate mousse, and 2 espresso ones.

The staff was incredibly friendly and apologetic they were out, advising us to call ahead for orders next time. I explained it was a last minute decision to come in so it was our fault.

I bought the chocolate cookie dough and the mousse ones and he threw in an espresso one for free. Then Mom spotted the last two muffins left and she wanted those for breakfast so I got those for them as well (amazing how easily I can be swayed by her..LOL).

I brought two of the cookie dough ones for Tracy and I at the Hollywood Bowl and was excited to try them. They actually had what looked like a chocolate chip cookie baked on top which was unique. I was a little disappointed after eating it though as it seemed kind of dry. I thought maybe it was the cookie part or because it had been in the cooler and exposed for a bit, etc.

When I got home, my parents both said the same thing about theirs. They also tried the chocolate mousse and they were dry too. The muffins were excellent but very dry. Sadly, I tried the espresso cupcake a day later and although it was a bit more moist, the flavor was almost overpowering. I like espresso and espresso desserts but this was just too much.

Hopefully we just caught them on a bad day because they had some delicious sounding flavors and all the other reviews I've read online have been glowing (not to mention their empty shelves). Next time I am down, I will probably give them another shot and update the review if they prove to be better.

I'd really like to see them succeed as they have a great variety of treats with the muffins and also other dessert bars and cookies.

One note is they don't carry sugar free cupcakes per se but they offer a gluten free one which is no sugar added.

Hopefully next time they will prove to be better...dying to try their strawberry shortcake one!
Chocolate mousse in front, chocola…

Check Torrance Hotel Deals