Babooshka Kuchnia Rosyjska

Obozna 9, Warsaw, Poland

Babooshka Kuchnia Rosyjska Warsaw Reviews

boxinbcn boxinbcn
Hearty Russian food in Warsaw Mar 07, 2009
This place was a nice surprise. 0ur table was right by the kitchen and we could watch as everything was being prepared. The product of that kitchen was the closest thing to a home-cooked meal that I’ve had out in a long time.

The location, just off touristy Krakowskie Przedmieście street, is very convenient. The interior is small and cozy – no frills – dark with rustic furnishings... and the hearty Russian food was really good. I went with a friend for lunch and we both enjoyed our meals.

It was very cold out, so a hot bowl of soup was a great start. I ordered one called Solanka which had a lot of meat and vegetables in it and was very tasty. My friend tried their Barcz (beet soup) which was also very good. For our main course we each ordered Zarkoje – a stew with potatoes, meat and vegetables which was spicy and very tasty. All of this with a beverage called Kwas Chlebowy – a dark soda which is somehow made from bread and I recommend trying!

After our soup and beef stew there wasn’t any room for dessert, so we just had some tea. I saw some other things like buckwheat pancakes with smoked salmon, sour cream and fresh dill that I want to go back and try sometime soon!

The service was fast and efficient. And, for about 70 PLN for a very filling meal for two persons(about 15 Euros at the current rate) the price is unbeatable.

I'll be back!
sylviandavid says:
You know I'll hold you to that... don't you!?.... It won't be this year but we are hoping next year for our travel to start more.... :) And we would love to try this.... Sylvia
Posted on: Mar 11, 2009
boxinbcn says:
Thanks Sylvia! If you guys ever come for a visit, I'll take you there!
Posted on: Mar 11, 2009
sylviandavid says:
Great review..... sounds really good today... it's cold here in Eureka.... Sylvia
Posted on: Mar 10, 2009