Babis & Popi

73011 FRANGOKASTELLO SFAKION-CHANIA CRETE, Frangokastello, Greece - 0030 28250 / 92092 oder 92093

Babis & Popi Frangokastello Reviews

aloneinthecrowd aloneint…
Family run restaurant offering delicious food Sep 22, 2009
Since Klaus read a review about the restaurant at the internet he was curious to try it out and forced me to go there one night. Since hour hotel was in Rodakino which is a 30 - 40 minutes drive by car away from Frangokastello I wasn't sure if the trip would be worth it. To cut a long story short it was :)

We had an amazing evening feasting a delicious dinner. Unfortunately I haven't taken any photos of the meal so my description must be enough ;)

The menu is long and it's hard to choose from since everything sounds so yummy.

We decided Greek salat, Tzaziki (with is always a must for me - lol), stuffed (with rice) and baked paprika and tomatoes and a local cheese pie for appetizer. All of this came along with fresh bread.

The main dish were a chicken souvlaki and a lamb dish accompanied by fried potatoes. Hmmm, it was fresh cooked and very yummy. I get hungry even writing about it - lol.

We were too full to order a desert but we got one from the house. Fresh water melon and a glass of cretian raki!! I'm not used to this kind of alcohol - I prefer red wine - and it burnt a hole in my stomach.

So, if you're in town, go there and try them out!! :)
aloneinthecrowd says:
LOL, better I teach him english first :p
Posted on: Oct 25, 2009
huibdos says:
Please invite Claus to TB and earn your ambassador award.
He can read all of the reviews of restaurants you might visit ^>^
Posted on: Oct 25, 2009

Compare Lappa Hotel Rates (14.5km away)

Babis & Popi Map