691 14 87 54

Babalu Valencia Reviews

Pearl510 Pearl510
My favorite place in Valencia Jun 18, 2010
Somehow it always seems to happen like this. I stay in a place for a couple of days and on the first night I stumble in to a bar or restaurant that becomes my every day hangout. In Valencia, Babalu was what I stumbled into. It is not the most fancy, refined, typical Spanish, expensive restaurant. But I think it is a lovely place.

Babalu is a chill bar/restaurant that has a strongly Caribbean influenced menu. There are many cocktails, burrito, guacamole, things like that. But great food, believe me I tried it. And plates look good as well. Apart from the exotic menu (there is in fact a menu that offers starter/main course and dessert for 13 EUR) there also is a good range of Spanish dishes. The Spanish menu del dia comes at 10 EUR for the three course meal. Portions aren't huge but they fill you up, and the patatas bravas where especially nice. I also liked the Valencian Paella, which was simple, but tasty.

Drinks are also very good. A nice range of wines, affordable beers and already mentioned, some really tasty cocktails.

The location is perfect, right in the center of the city in a quiet street with some tables outside and a loungy seating area inside. I liked the decoration and the music played, as much as I liked the food.

The staff is very friendly and attentive. As I went back here night after night we started to chat and had a good laugh. Service is pretty fast (at least it was when I was here).

What else should I write? It is just a nice restaurant. Come to try it when you are around, I think it serves a menu that has something for everyone, at very reasonable prices and in a chill atmosphere. Good value and good experience. Recommended.

Check Valencia Hotel Deals