Baan Kong Homestay

Check Ayutthaya Hotel Deals

Baan Kong Homestay Ayutthaya Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Beautiful little Bungalow Feb 14, 2016
The location of this guesthouse is around 400 metres from Wat Mahathat temple and another temple ruin close by from the guesthouse which is within 100 meter walk. The bakery shop is next door but we did not try it as we opt to have breakfast at the guesthouse with additional fee.

The owner is friendly even though they speak very little English, so basic communication like check in or check out is no problem but big problem if asking direction or information. It was the mother who look after the reception area and she was there most of the time when we stay there.

There is map available at the reception counter and the owner able to arrange tour around the city center, canal tour, and tour to Summer Palace with reasonable fee.

Luckily the girl who drive the tuk tuk and acted as a tour guide speak English well and she explain what we will see before we book the tour and she is on time to pick us up from the guesthouse for the tour. We had two days tour with her and the service was good, and we enjoyed the tour.

We have a standard bungalow with private bathroom and own terrace in front of the bungalow with garden view, which is very pleasant to sit in the morning having breakfast and listening to the birds singing on the roof and trees, and it was cool and pleasant in the evening siting on the terrace as well. We need to take out our shoes before enter the bungalow.

The bungalow itself look beautiful and clean, however inside the room is very basic but spacious with one double bed, one big bench, and television, working fridge, air condition and wifi which worked quite fast and well. Unfortunately there were no extra bedsheet in between the duvet cover as the duvet cover does not have sheet on it, just put as it is so I was not sure if it was clean or from the previous guess. I did smell the duvet and I thought it was clean enough. The basic wet bathroom was humongous and only soap provided, no shampoo. Unfortunately not much toiletries here.

We stayed two nights and they did not clean the room nor change the towels. We only have one roll of tissue paper for the entire stay and I asked for more tissue paper the next evening, since after we come back from our tour, nobody give extra toiletries.

They sell mineral water, soft drinks and beer at reasonable price, however the supermarket price is still cheaper.

Since we have 2 connecting bungalows next to each other, we are not disturb with it. However the wall is quite thin and I can hear the activity of the next door bungalow clearly.

At night time it was surprisingly quiet and I did not hear any traffic and I can sleep well here.

Beware during the day and evening as many wild dogs roaming and staying right opposite the gate of this guesthouse. I witness one pedestrian being chased and bitten by the dog in the afternoon on the first day I was there when waiting for check in.
the gueshouse building