Baa Wanli

No.1, Tainan, Taiwan
Baa Wanli - The best mutton soup
Baa Wanli - Stir fried mutton with vegetables.
Baa Wanli - Baa Wanli Restaurant signboard
Baa Wanli - Baa Wanli Restaurant signboard
Baa Wanli - The warmest and delicious mutton soup in my life.
Baa Wanli - Let's eat!
Baa Wanli - The special minced mutton over the warm white rice

Baa Wanli Tainan Reviews

laikaum laikaum
The best and warmest mutton restaurant for everyone! Apr 08, 2016
The first time, when I walked into this little restaurant was on January 2016. I traveled alone, with my backpack , walking on the road, and I was hungry and exhausted after a long and tiring journey. I found this little restaurant on the roadside at the windy and cold night, when I had no idea what to eat, I was attracted by the warm yellow light, cozy Japanese style decorations and the aroma from the kitchen when I walked by pass. Without second thought, I walked in and I was so great that I did the decision.

They owner (chef) told me that they only served mutton,they have a 60 years old mutton restaurant at other places in Tainan and he is the third generation to run the business now. He recommended me to try their famous mutton soup, stewed minced mutton served over the rice and stir fried mutton with vegetables.

The chef taught me how to taste the soup correctly. The first moment when I drink the mutton soup, my tiredness were swept away by the warm mutton soup, I felt alive and warm when I put the foods and taste the warm soup in my mouth with all my heart. At the special moment, I think this was the happiest moment for a solo traveler in winter season where I am not longer feeling cold, exhausted, and loneliness. I will remember this special moment and the taste on my taste buds in the rest of my lifetime whenever I travel again in winter season next time.

After 3 months, I traveled to Tainan again.This is the only restaurant that I don't want to miss and and told my travel mate that I must bring her to the best mutton restaurant in Taiwan. Again, the Chef taught my friend how to taste the mutton soup correctly, and yes, both of us are the big fans of this restaurant now.

My sincere recommendation - because they brought me the warmest and happiness during the cold winter and this restaurant will be my TOP 1 restaurant in Taiwan!
The special minced mutton over the…
Stir fried mutton with vegetables.
The best mutton soup