BJ’s Restaurant

+1 407 352-0225

BJ’s Restaurant Orlando Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Huge portions and friendly service Apr 11, 2011
I was out looking for a shop, which it turned out that I couldn’t find. It was getting late and I therefore suddenly got an urge for some food. I drove around a little in the neighbourhood that had some restaurants and I finally decided on BJ’s because there were loads of cars parked outside.

It was my first evening meal since I arrived and I was taken by the welcome that I had from the girl at the entrance, who also explained that she would be my host for the evening. I had not been in the States for a while and I had forgotten the superficial but extremely friendly service level that one meet over here. All of the staffs are super friendly towards everyone instead of the few regulars as in Europe; it is a quite remarkable difference.

I had hoped that I entered a cosy restaurant but it was almost like walking into a casino with big TV screens on the walls showing sports and a noise level like I was sitting in a stadium. The friendly girl returned after some minutes and asked if I was ready to order and I was after having a short glance at the menu.

BJ’s had some home brewed beers and I decided to taste a couple of them; I was quite hungry too so I decided for a shrimp salad, which was mentioned as a light starter in the menu. As my main course I went for an Italian chicken dish with pasta.

The beer came quite quickly and it tasted really good; the first one always does after a long day. I small talked to one of the other waitresses that had spotted my camera and wanted to know what I did with it; everybody was so friendly that I was amazed by it. Soon after that my starter arrived and I was stunned; was this a light starter, the size was enormous? I could not help commenting it, when I got and the waitress just replied; here we like them big!

After the starter I was quite full and the main dish was on its way and again I had a huge plate. I kept on looking at what the others had ordered and everybody had huge servings. I went for the meal as good as I could but when I was finished I had ½ left. The girl came back and asked if there was something wrong and I had to say no; the portions were just too big. She then asked me if I wanted a doggy bag and then it struck me – the doggy bag; that was what all of the other guests were carrying with them when they left. I had forgotten that concept. I said no thank you because I was staying at a hotel.

I ordered another beer because I wanted at least to taste one more before I left and I was in no hurry and I needed the food to settle; I was really full. The food had been very tasty and I was quite pleased with my meal.
The entrance
The beer menu
My first beer in Orlando
My first beer in Orlando
Andy99 says:
For locals, taking home a leftover portion is always a good way to have lunch the next day.
Posted on: Jul 19, 2011
pms70 says:
When did BJ open a restaurant? ;-)
Posted on: Jul 19, 2011