BEST WESTERN Karlaplan Hotel Stockholm

BEST WESTERN Karlaplan Hotel Stockholm Rates and Deals

BEST WESTERN Karlaplan Hotel Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Outside of the action Feb 17, 2010
I guess that Hotel Karlaplan was not one of the most well known hotels in the city; the cab driver did not know the street or the hotel. The hotel was situated some kilometres outside city centre and in a dead-end street and in the middle of a housing area.

When I finally arrived after some detours from the taxi driver I was unloaded in the middle of a snowy street. The hotel was situated on the final corner of the street and I had to step up on a snow filled red carpet covering the stairs up to the reception.

The reception was situated to the left after you come up from the stairs, and the last thing it reminded me about was a reception. I was greeted by a friendly guy who very quickly gave me my room. Behind the fast receptionist a load of electrical closets was hanging on the wall with all the fuses to the hotel. It might be smart but it did not look like it.

My room number was 304 and it turned out to be on the lowest level and at the same level as the reception! There might be logic to why the number started with 300, but I did not see it. I entered my room which almost was the smallest one I ever had stayed in; maybe except one I stayed in once in Andorra or another time in Treviso.

The room was just a bit more than 2 meters wide; it was as broad as the bed was long. I had to crawl over the bed to pull the curtains. There was a small desk, a lamp and a chair. There was a small bathroom as well, but as long as there are a toilet and a shower I don't care that much. There was a flat screen on the wall but it was only possible to watch the picture from certain angles.

I left the hotel very quickly in order to meet my colleague who stayed at the Radisson Blu in the city centre. After an okay dinner and a walk in the city centre I returned to my less exciting hotel.

I had hoped that I could look forward to a quiet night since to hotel was situated in a dead end street and there was snow everywhere. On the other side had I gotten a window that was almost on street level, but the street seemed very quiet when I came back to the hotel around quarter past 11.

I had just put my head on the pillow when a noise hit my room. Suddenly I felt like I was in the middle of a construction site. A large tractor and some trucks had chosen this night to clean up the street for snow; an exercise that lasted more than two hours. I finally fell to sleep at 1.30 am.

Next morning I went to the small look-a-like café next to the reception to have a bit of breakfast before I was going to work. The breakfast was okay and there were loads of people there. I checked out soon after and had the receptionist order me a taxi; the taxi arrived after 10 – 15 minutes.
The Entrance
The bathroom - or toilet to be fac…
Just outside - waiting for a taxi …
Just outside - looking down the st…

BEST WESTERN Karlaplan Hotel Stockholm Overview

Skeppargatan 82, Stockholm 114 59

Live it up in style in the stunning city of Stockholm. Right in the city centre, discreetly hidden behind a facade of historic stone, the new Best Western Hotel Karlaplan provides all the essentials for a top notch holiday.

Business facilities Business facilities

Disabled facilities Accessible Rooms

Hotel facilities Concierge Laundry Night Porter Reception desk

Room facilities Alarm clock(r) Cable television(r) En-Suite Bathroom(r) Telephone(r) Television(r) High speed internet connection *(r) Work Desk(r) Hairdryer(r) Pay TV
*May incur an additional cost
(r)This facility is room dependent

Restaurant Hotel Restaurant: Wake up each morning to a delicious hearty breakfast in the hotel's breakfast room.

Children policy Children welcome

Cancellation policy Cancel free of charge up to 24 hrs before check-in, else first night rate

Smoking policy Smoking not permitted

Check-in time: 15:00 Check-out time: 12:00

Local Attractions Skansen Open Air Museum Aquaria Water Museum Old Town of Stockholm (Gamla Stan) Museum of National Antiquities Nordic Museum Djurgarden Junibacken Children's Museum Royal Palace

Location Nearest airport: Stockholm Skavsta Airport, Stockholm Bromma Apt, Stockholm Arlanda Apt Nearest train station: Stockholm - 3km Directions: By car: on E20 or E4 drive past Norrtull/Roslagstull in the direction of Vartahamnen/ Lidingo. From Vallhallavagen take right on Artillerigatan. Then take left on Ostermalmsgatan. Finally first left on Skeppargatan. By subway: from T-centralen take the red line in the direction of Ropsten to Karlaplan, take the exit towards Karlaplan and Erik Dalbergsalle.

Credit cards accepted by hotel American Express Diners Club International Eurocard Maestro Mastercard Visa

BEST WESTERN Karlaplan Hotel Amenities

• Desk
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes