BASIC

www.barbasic.com - 619-531-8869

BASIC San Diego Reviews

cclev007 cclev007
One of the two best places in San Diego for Pizza Oct 24, 2008
Basic is as Basic does. The food is simply that, good pizza and salads. If you enjoy a thin crust as thin as it possibly can get (with the possibility of even crumbling momentarily like crackers) you will love this pizza. They have a ton of variety with their menu and allow you to create your ultimate dream pizza!

The setting and decor of this place is fantastic, I'm almost convinced they've taken over a space that used to be a firehouse. The ceilings are unbelievably tall, there is a ton of room to move around and the restaurant/bar is split into two separate spaces. It's unbelievably open, considering the walls to the outside street are made of pull-down glass windows. The bar is part hipster-part sport fan's dream spot. Leather couches and big screen tv's surround this modern-space. The chairs and tables are made of sturdy antique-esque wood with almost a western feel. You are served with paper plates, plastic utensils and paper napkins when you eat...can't get more basic than that. But I just really love how they balance the bare with the chic and the timeless. It's a very laid-back feel so if you come here for dinner with your family, catch the Monday night game with your buddies or want to have some drinks with the girls on that Saturday night, all will feel equally welcomed.

My experience at Basic started out with their "Basic Salad" that didn't turn out to be so basic after all, to my delight and surprise. It is made with mixed greens, candied walnuts, sliced green pears and blue cheese (optional)...I opted. Anyway, for the price, it was large enough to share between three people, so it's worth it for sure. After we were finished with that delectable salad, we started thinking about our options for pizza pies. Oh the options!!! Pretty much anything you can imagine to put on a pizza, they have. They also make you choose whether you want a red pie with or without cheese or white pie with or without cheese and then you're off coming up with combination after combination that satisfy your wildest Italian cuisine dreams. They even offer mashed potatoes! haha.

If you're in town and up for something hip and fun for everyone, I beg of you, keep it as basic as possible.

Related Travel Blogs About BASIC

San Diego Zoo
Today, we had our itinerary set for San Diego Zoo. We woke up around 0730 to have the free continental breakfast with the hotel package. Actually not so bad as I was somewhat expecting. The bagel was…San Diego is basically a mini train, not the Rice-A-Roni types you see in San Francisco) stopped at every…
Cabrillo National Monument - go there!
It's only 5 minutes from my house, but I hadn't been there in probably 5 years. I'm too cheap to pay the lousy 5 bucks to get in... Well, today I sprung for the big $15 for an annual pass so I can …San Diego Bay. It's basically a 400-foot tall island sitting on the otherwise flat coastal plain so you can see all of downtown…
El Cajon
It means "The Box" in Spanish, because it's a hot, airless box canyon in the summer. Usually the brunt of most San Diego redneck jokes, it's not the kind of place that's usually reviewed in a blog …basically people who can't afford to live in San Diego, one of the most expensive cities in the country…

Check San Diego Hotel Deals