TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 697,650 travelers just like you!

BASAIC
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IVAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Jim
Hometown: Florida, USA
Location: Arizona, USA
Join Date: January 26, 2017
Contributions: BASAIC has written about 743 places, shared 2,675 photos, left 916 comments, and smiled 1,253 times.
Travel Plans
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
dream destination
So much a part of our history, I need to explore it more thoroughly.
Weiser, Idaho, USA
dream destination
I went here, liked the town, and had a great visit with my niece, her husband, and their five kids. Will no doubt return someday.
Michigan, USA
dream destination
If I get my heart surgery done in time, I will drive along the eastern shore of Michigan into the UP, this summer. Had the heart surgery in July but this trip is still postponed until 2018.
» see all 5 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, basic German, Italian and Korean. Greetings in several more.
Interests
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Travels in 2017:
(Planned) December 2017: Back east to spend the holidays with family.
October: Charlie's Trip in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.
August - October: A Drive Through the West seeing Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, and Nevada.
July- August: Arizona and New Mexico.
May-June: A Drive Through Texas which included some in Arizona and New Mexico.
November 2016 - January 2017: My usual holiday trip through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and Florida and back.
January - December: Various day trips, up to a week trip, to various parts of Arizona.

Helping the park ranger take down the flag at Petrified Forest National Park at dusk.

Experiencing a Dine Sweat.

Joining a Rock Band in a smoky cabaret in Munich to play sax for a few songs and getting a tall beautiful groupie named Heidi.

Drinking in a bar in Nyhavn in Copenhagen with Merchant Marines from about a dozen countries.

Walking by the Palace of Westminster in London as "Big Ben" sounded Noon, and later that day again as it sounded midnight.

Seeing Berlin before the wall fell and again after.

Filling sand bags to help some locals prep for a coming typhoon in South Korea (was even on TV).

Running with the bulls.
Profile
My Travel Blog "Charlie's Trip" gives a good example of how I would travel guide anyone taking a road trip with me. I can adapt the trip to your interests and needs. I have traveled pretty extensively all through the United States, especially the west.

I like to hit the back roads and see the small towns. One of my biggest goals here on TB, as it was on VT, is to bring you the small out of the way places you may have never heard of.

On VT I worked my way up to #10 and #310 on the travel blogs. I had posted over 10,000 reviews (third most on VT) and over 30,000 photos. I had posted near the top number of hotel reviews. I won the second annual "Most Unique Pages" award (interestingly enough the first award also went to a guy from Arizona). I won the hotel reviewer of the year awards twice, the American Aficionado Award once (most tips written on the US that year), the first (and only) Pioneer Award (for writing up over 1500 locations for the first time), when they decided to pick a Photo of the Week mine was the first one chosen, when they had a contest to state why we traveled and put it on a photo, mine was the first one chosen.

Strong believer in the saying "no day is wasted when you learn something".
alectrevor says:
Congrats on being Featured Blog
Posted on: Jan 09, 2018
vulindlela says:
Congrats on your feature!
Posted on: Jan 06, 2018
cimtech says:
Congrats on your featured blog!
Posted on: Jan 06, 2018

BASAIC's Travel Blogs

Dec 04, 2017 – Dec 28, 2017
I frequently drive to Florida and Georgia to spend the Christmas and New Years holidays with my sisters and their grandkids. C…
Overview 2,743 words 40 4 23
This blog was featured on Friday January 5th, 2018
Oct 23, 2017 – Oct 28, 2017
Charlie and I have been good friends for almost 20 years; we bonded over a mutual love of books and movies. We had gone hiking…
Overview 7,730 words 292 31 147
This blog was featured on Saturday November 11th, 2017
Aug 14, 2017 – Oct 08, 2017
I took about a two month drive through Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, back into Utah, into Nevada then back to Arizo…
Overview 10,904 words 426 59 312
This blog was featured on Friday October 13th, 2017

BASAIC's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Lake City, Florida, USA
$14 as of December 2017. I do like to go to the mom and pop places to eat and support the small…
Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Lake City, Florida, USA
At first I stopped at the Quality Inn next door to look for a room but since I had bought dinner…
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Galveston, Texas, USA
By the time I had driven through some small towns en route to Galveston and had looked around th…
Updated 15 days ago