TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 679,285 travelers just like you!
BASAIC was one of the "most helpful hotel reviewers" last week!

BASAIC
Award: Most Helpful Hotel ReviewerAward: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug III

Name: Jim
Hometown: Florida, USA
Location: Arizona, USA
Join Date: January 26, 2017
Contributions: BASAIC has written about 511 places, shared 1,731 photos, left 688 comments, and smiled 906 times.
Travel Plans
Vulcan, Canada
Star Trek Headquarters of Canada
Michigan, USA
dream destination
If I get my heart surgery done in time, I will drive along the eastern shore of Michigan into the UP, this summer. Still no date set up for my heart surgery so this trip is definitely postponed until 2018.
Weiser, Idaho, USA
Visit Family
» see all 4 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, basic German, Italian and Korean. Greetings in several more.
Interests
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Helping the park ranger take down the flag at Petrified Forest National Park at dusk.

Joining a Rock Band in a smoky cabaret in Munich to play sax for a few songs and getting a tall beautiful groupie named Heidi.

Drinking in a bar in Nyhavn in Copenhagen with Merchant Marines from about a dozen countries.

Walking by the Palace of Westminster in London as "Big Ben" sounded Noon, and later that day again as it sounded midnight.

Seeing Berlin before the wall fell and again after.

Filling sand bags to help some locals prep for a coming typhoon in South Korea (was even on TV).

Ran with the bulls.
Profile
I like to hit the back roads and see the small towns. One of my biggest goals here on TB, as it was on VT, is to bring you the small out of the way places you may have never heard of.

On VT I worked my way up to #10 and #310 on the travel blogs. I had posted over 10,000 reviews (third most on VT) and over 30,000 photos. I had posted near the top number of hotel reviews. I won the second annual "Most Unique Pages" award (interestingly enough the first award also went to a guy from Arizona). I won the hotel reviewer of the year awards twice, the American Aficionado Award once (most tips written on the US that year), the first (and only) Pioneer Award (for writing up over 1500 locations for the first time), when they decided to pick a Photo of the Week mine was the first one chosen, when they had a contest to state why we traveled and put it on a photo, mine was the first one chosen.

Strong believer in the saying "no day is wasted when you learn something".
jendara says:
Congrats on your Writer award:)
Well done my friend!!!
EmEm says:
Congrats on your Writer award!
vulindlela says:
Anytime!
Congrats on your Writer award as well!

BASAIC's Travel Blogs

Texas Trip 2017
May 23, 2017 – May 26, 2017
From 23 May 2017 to 5 July 2017 I drove from my home in Sierra Vista, through New Mexico and into Texas and back home exploring…
Overview 1,816 words 107 4 41
March 2017 Short Trip in Arizona
Mar 06, 2017 – Mar 11, 2017
Most of early 2017 has been spent kind of in limbo awaiting heart surgery. I could not make definite travel plans as I had no …
Overview 1,223 words 189 22 221
Driving the Battle Pass Scenic Byway
Sep 01, 2015
The Battle Pass Scenic Byway follows Wyoming Highway 70 through the Sierra Madre Mountains and the Medicine Bow National Forest…
Overview 1,076 words 97 13 53

BASAIC's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Alpine, Texas, USA
I have always enjoyed baseball watching it for all my life and playing as a kid. Kokernot Field…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Hillsboro, Texas, USA
$79 with a discount as of June 2017 (prices vary due to weekend/weekday, seasons, special events…
Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Killeen, Texas, USA
$41 with a discount as of May 2017 (prices vary due to weekend/weekday, seasons, special events,…
Updated 4 hours ago