TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 691,331 travelers just like you!
BASAIC was one of the "most helpful hotel reviewers" last week!

BASAIC
Award: Most Helpful Hotel ReviewerAward: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IV

Name: Jim
Hometown: Florida, USA
Location: Arizona, USA
Join Date: January 26, 2017
Contributions: BASAIC has written about 680 places, shared 2,565 photos, left 873 comments, and smiled 1,179 times.
Travel Plans
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
dream destination
So much a part of our history, I need to explore it more thoroughly.
Weiser, Idaho, USA
dream destination
I went here, liked the town, and had a great visit with my niece, her husband, and their five kids. Will no doubt return someday.
Michigan, USA
dream destination
If I get my heart surgery done in time, I will drive along the eastern shore of Michigan into the UP, this summer. Had the heart surgery in July but this trip is still postponed until 2018.
» see all 5 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, basic German, Italian and Korean. Greetings in several more.
Interests
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Helping the park ranger take down the flag at Petrified Forest National Park at dusk.

Experiencing a Dine Sweat.

Joining a Rock Band in a smoky cabaret in Munich to play sax for a few songs and getting a tall beautiful groupie named Heidi.

Drinking in a bar in Nyhavn in Copenhagen with Merchant Marines from about a dozen countries.

Walking by the Palace of Westminster in London as "Big Ben" sounded Noon, and later that day again as it sounded midnight.

Seeing Berlin before the wall fell and again after.

Filling sand bags to help some locals prep for a coming typhoon in South Korea (was even on TV).

Running with the bulls.
Profile
My Travel Blog "Charlie's Trip" gives a good example of how I would travel guide anyone taking a road trip with me. I can adapt the trip to your interests and needs. I have traveled pretty extensively all through the United States, especially the west.

I like to hit the back roads and see the small towns. One of my biggest goals here on TB, as it was on VT, is to bring you the small out of the way places you may have never heard of.

On VT I worked my way up to #10 and #310 on the travel blogs. I had posted over 10,000 reviews (third most on VT) and over 30,000 photos. I had posted near the top number of hotel reviews. I won the second annual "Most Unique Pages" award (interestingly enough the first award also went to a guy from Arizona). I won the hotel reviewer of the year awards twice, the American Aficionado Award once (most tips written on the US that year), the first (and only) Pioneer Award (for writing up over 1500 locations for the first time), when they decided to pick a Photo of the Week mine was the first one chosen, when they had a contest to state why we traveled and put it on a photo, mine was the first one chosen.

Strong believer in the saying "no day is wasted when you learn something".
planxty says:
Hello again mate and many congratulations (if somewhat belated) on yet another award, you really are putting in the hours here!
Posted on: Nov 21, 2017
spocklogic says:
Bravo on the MHHR award!

You'll get there on the last two awards, and VP is not so difficult. Spambuster is a matter of opportunity. You can help out the site in earning the remaining awards. Here's how:

(1) Participate in the the Spambuster Club forum (in Off-Topic) by posting links to spammer profiles you see. Others can then report them too and get them booted from the site. This will help you on your VP award with forum posts and help the site also.

(2) Reviews come up for spam voting, but members can be proactive rather than reactive. Members can get reviews in the spam queue for voting by giving them a 'No' for helpful/trustworthy. You can then see them come up for review almost immediately. Just manually check for spam and that review will appear for you to vote on. This will help you toward Spambuster award and helps the site also.
Posted on: Nov 20, 2017
jendara says:
Congrats on your MHHR XVII Award:)
Well done my friend!!!
Posted on: Nov 20, 2017

BASAIC's Travel Blogs

Oct 23, 2017 – Oct 28, 2017
Charlie and I have been good friends for almost 20 years; we bonded over a mutual love of books and movies. We had gone hiking…
Overview 7,203 words 270 25 105
This blog was featured on Saturday November 11th, 2017
Aug 14, 2017 – Oct 08, 2017
I took about a two month drive through Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, back into Utah, into Nevada then back to Arizo…
Overview 10,025 words 413 47 235
This blog was featured on Friday October 13th, 2017
May 23, 2017 – May 31, 2017
From 23 May 2017 to 5 July 2017 I drove from my home in Sierra Vista, through New Mexico and into Texas and back home exploring…
Overview 4,656 words 240 39 162
This blog was featured on Saturday July 22nd, 2017

BASAIC's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA
This motel has undergone so many changes in designation over the last few years they should have…
Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA
The Motel 6 had gone down a bit lately and in the last month became a Knights Inn; we will see w…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Burley, Idaho, USA
$85 with a discount as of August 2017 (prices vary due to weekend/weekday, season, special event…