BARDHOSHI Bar&Restaurant

651 Green Lanes, London, United Kingdom
020 8341 2747
BARDHOSHI Bar&Restaurant - BARDHOSHI okra and lamb casserole
BARDHOSHI Bar&Restaurant - BARDHOSHI pickles, bread, and white cheese (feta)
BARDHOSHI Bar&Restaurant - BARDHOSHI
BARDHOSHI Bar&Restaurant - BARDHOSHI 'qofte'
BARDHOSHI Bar&Restaurant - BARDHOSHI menu
BARDHOSHI Bar&Restaurant - BARDHOSHI coffee
BARDHOSHI Bar&Restaurant - BARDHOSHI

BARDHOSHI Bar&Restaurant London Reviews

AdamR3723 AdamR3723
Eat Albanian in London Aug 13, 2017
Unlike other Albanian restaurants that I have come across in London, Bardhoshi Bar and Restaurant, makes no attempt to hide its ethnic origins. Its menu, displayed outside on Green Lanes, is in Albanian with English translations in smaller letters. The first time that I entered this was early one weekday morning. The espresso I ordered was first-class and served, as it would be in Albania, with a glass of cold water. The lady who served me, the owner’s wife, told me that she and her family come from northern Albania. They have recently taken over the restaurant from another Albanian family from the southern Albanian city of Korçë. She also told me that there are two other Albanian restaurants in the vicinity, the Pizzeria Durazzo being one of them. These establishments attract Albanian and Kossovars from the surrounding districts and, also, from further out of London.

On the Saturday evening when we visited Bardhoshi at about 7 pm, every table was occupied by men. Almost all of them were having alcoholic drinks, mostly Mexican beer but also raki and other hard drinks. Almost without exception, they were enjoying food as well. A large TV screen was showing programmes (sports and music videos) from Kosovo and Albania. We were warmly welcomed by the owner.

The food was good, at least as good as much that we ate in Albania. A basket of warm bread was accompanied by delicious pickled apple peppers and white cabbage. My wife ordered a delicious okra (lady’s finger) with lamb casserole. I had qofte (minced meat kebabs – very often served in Albania) served with a generous mixed salad. We washed this enormous meal down with shots of good quality Albanian raki, and finished the meal with good espresso coffee, once again served with glasses of iced water. One young lady, an Albanian from Shkodër who had been brought up in Greece (where many Albanians have worked since Communism ended in Albania in 1990), busily served everyone in the restaurant. When we had finished our meal the lady chef came out to talk with us. We told her that we had enjoyed our meal, and she looked pleased. As we were leaving, the waitress presented us with a complementary package containing some soup for us to enjoy at home.
BARDHOSHI 'qofte'
BARDHOSHI
BARDHOSHI
BARDHOSHI pickles, bread, and whit…
vicIII says:
Hello, Adam! I see you have tried the real taste of Albania, even in London! Good for you!:)
Posted on: Aug 31, 2017
Ils1976 says:
never tried it ... maybe it is time to change that when I happen to be in London! :)
Posted on: Aug 17, 2017