B&C Seafood

Gramercy, Louisiana

B&C Seafood Gramercy Reviews

Ann_Hells Ann_Hells
Nov 24, 2007
After visiting the Laura Plantation we asked if there was any true Cajun food around. They pointed us in the B&C Seafood direction. We really shouldn't have gone.

As we entered the entire building was filled with smoke and it irritated my eyes the entire time. After waiting a long time probably 25 minutes or so, the waitress finally came. I felt adventurous and ordered some alligator. My first time as a tertiary consumer hahaha.

However my excitement began to fade after 40 minutes of waiting. Finally they brought out my dad's dish which looked gooey, and after trying it I thought the craw fish they used tasted frozen. When my dish came out about 15 minutes later, just as my dad was finishing up his last bites, it was really disappointing. Just some cube blocks of meat in tomato sauce over rice.

But what I can say for this place is that we met a lot of local people that told us about their experiences through Katrina. For them, the wait didn't seem like such a big deal so it might just be some of that Southern time lag easy going attitude that is not meant for Northern tourists.
From the levee
thenewextrememimi says:
I remember driving by this place, I think. Even the gas station nearby sold crawfish.
Posted on: Dec 06, 2007