B&B Ristorante

B&B Ristorante - chocolate dessert

B&B Ristorante Las Vegas Reviews

Eric Eric
Great food, reasonable price (for Vegas) Jul 22, 2009
I was a bit skeptical coming into this restaurant, as I didn't know anything about Mario Batali other than that he had a show on Food Network, and in my experience "celebrity" restaurants are usually a bit of a rip-off. I also am fairly picky about Italian food, so I didn't want to spend a ton of money on food that I didn't really like.

Fortunately, I didn't have to worry. The food here was excellent. As Sybil mentions, the grilled octopus appetizer was really good. Possibly better than the grilled octopus at Craft in Los Angeles. Definitely try it out if you get the chance.

For my entree I had the Bucatini all'amatriciana, which was one of my favorite dishes in Rome. I've had it a few times here in the states, and it has never been as good as in Rome. While B+B's version lacked the spiciness I was expecting, it was still quite good.

The only minor disappointment was the sicilian "lifeguard" style calamari. We ordered this dish because it sounded interesting, but it was probably our least favorite dish of the night. It was very simple tasting, and I wish we had tried something a little bit more unique and complex.

Nevertheless, given that most high end restaurants in Vegas cost a fortune, this is a good option if you still want nice but don't want to spend more than you have to. If you stick to the pasta entrees (PRIMI), it's ~$25-30 for a decent and filling meal.
sybil sybil
great italian food Mar 24, 2008
B&B, which i can only assume stands for batali and bastianich, is a great italian restaurant. the place is a bit small and a bit dark but i guess that just goes with the ambiance. and like most of the batali restaurants i have had the pleasure to dine in, this place is also loud (altho it could just be that this is vegas). the service is good.

we started off with an amuse bouche of garbanzo beans over toasted bread. it was simple but excited the palette.

we shared the following appetizers:

1. a funghi medley - i LOVED this. the mushrooms were lightly sauteed and were juicy and tasty!

2. goat cheese with black truffles - i thought this was just ok. i think that the cheese overpowered the truffles tho.

3. grilled octopus - i LOVED this. the octopus was tender and not chewy and so full of flavor. mmmmmmm....

for my entree, i had the orrechiette with italian sausage. this was good. however, i have had this dish at osteria mozza (in los angeles) and distinctly loved the osteria version more. this was not so bad tho. the pasta was al dente, which was perfect. it was a bit spicy, which i really liked. but it was a bit salty.

for dessert, we had a chocolate dish, which i honestly cannot remember.

overall, i enjoyed B&B Ristorante. it just reenforces why batali is awesome!!!
amuse bouche: garbanzo beans and t…
appetizer: mushrooms
appetizer: goat cheese with black …
appetizer: grilled octopus
gejah says:
i like black truffels!!
Posted on: Jul 22, 2009
mellemel8 says:
i shall check this out next time
Posted on: Mar 24, 2008
worldup worldup
Oct 10, 2007
B&B Restaurante is in the Venetian Resort and is owned by Mario Batali of Food Network fame.

I was really looking forward to trying this place since everything I see him prepare on Food Network looks very good.

"Well, as they say looks can be deceiving."

Not that it wasn't good. It was good. That is all, just good. I was expecting more and it should have been more for the price paid.

I can get better regional italian food where I live for alot less.

Heres the breakdown and comments on what we had

Antipasti

Prosciutto San Daniele “Riserva” - Very good

Calamari and Seppie Fritti - Good

Pasta

Black Pepper Pappardelle - Under cooked. I like Al dente, but this was under cooked.

Secondi

Whole Grilled Branzino - Average Uneventful, lacking flavor and the Jam it came with was unedible "Who wants to eat lemon rind jam."

Grilled Prawns - Way, Way overcooked.

The wine was great and for the price, it should have been. $300 all in and I felt disappointed.

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals