B&B Mendelts

Check Emmen Hotel Deals

B&B Mendelts Emmen Reviews

LoLaV LoLaV
Good for short stay Sep 08, 2015
At first, my opinion was bad about this B&B. I didn't know how sleeping/stayin in a B&B was like, but I would give it a try since I don't have that much money. To sleep here + do things in the city, you definitly need a car or, if you want to bicycle a lot, a bicycle.

You can't see a B&B sign from the road and near the B&B itself (it's a house ofcourse), you can't see it is the B&B you're looking for. It doesn't have a big sign. At the door, they do (5x5cm). If you don't see it, just ring the bell to ask.

In the house, you need to walk upstairs, so no place for wheelchairs. Upstairs are all the rooms (4 rooms), a bathroom and some sort of kitchen and livingroom. I don't know if the bathroom is used by the houseowners, but in the bathroom is a toilet and downstairs is an extra toilet available too for when people are taking a shower. The bed is lays very good and in our room was a tv, two chairs, a small table, closet and window to the garden too. If you don't like hearing chickens crowing in the morning, please close that window. The trash bin in the room is very small. Good part about the bathroom is, that I forgot to bring a bathrobe (I don't take that with me to a hotel, but is definitely necessary in a B&B) and they let me and my husband borrow them. There are enough towels and toilet paper, but the towels are a little small for people with long hair (like me). You can't put the towel in your hair to dry, the towels are to small for that.

The kitchen I mentioned isn't big and it's actually just a dresser with some necessary suplies for tea and coffee, but there is also cutlery and a microwave and very small trash bin. The ceiling is very low by the kitchen, but you can make your coffee or tea there. There is no coffeemachine or water boiler in your room, but you can make as many coffee and tea in the 'kitchen' upstairs as you like. In the public area is a dining table with chairs, some books, a tv, a table and a couch too. There is WiFi here, but in your room is WiFi too! You can 'order' some drinks downstairs to ask the houseowner for something like beer, cola or wine.

In the morning we had breakfast. You can tell when you want to eat, as long as it's between 7 and 10. There is a very cute old cat (she's 20 now) and you eat and drink at the table where the houseowners eat too. You don't eat at the same time, but they do sit on the same table in their kitchen while you eat. It's possible that other guests will be eating the same time as you, so they will site on the same table. This can be a bad thing, because I don't like to really communicate with strangers in the morning, but if you don't mind having a conversation with them, it's okay. The woman takes care of everything and the breakfast looked good, except for the soft boiled egg. She doesn't ask how you want your egg, you will just get it soft boiled. The eggs do come from their own chickens though! My advice is to ask for an hard boiled egg the night before if you like the egg hard boiled. Note : The eggs are cold, because she makes them the night before. You do get tea or coffee (maybe a second too) and a small glass of orange juice. Enough breads and Dutch spreads. She makes different kinds of jelly, so you can eat that too. You can also buy some stuff she makes at her stand outside her house near the road.

If you smoke, you have to do this outside. Bad part is, that there is not an ashtray somewhere. Maybe we had to ask for it, but we couldn't find one outside and I suppose the houseowners don't want sigaretbutts in front of their door.

To go in and out the house and your room, you'll get two keys. One for the front door and one for your room. Their house (downstairs) and the B&B rooms are seperated with a door that is closed most of the time. When it's breakfast, they will open that door so you can eat in their kitchen. When the bell rings, everyone in the whole house can hear that. I think that's a bad thing, but I won't blame anyone, because it's still just a house.

Note ; I'm sorry for the bad pics, they were taken with a smartphone in a hurry.
Here is the toilet paper and some …
chairs + table in the room
'living room and kitchen'
bathroom