B&B Hotel Kassel

Check Kassel Hotel Deals

B&B Hotel Kassel Reviews

Ils1976 Ils1976
good value, good location Jul 13, 2015
When booking this hotel, I must admit that I was intrigued when I saw the pictures. I know that you can’t rely on pictures when booking something, but for one time and one time only, I ignored my own common sense and went for it.

This B&B hotel which is situated near the highway can easily be reached, but you have to keep in mind when coming by car that Kassel is a very, very big city … so expect traffic jams and lots of them. Although I must admit that we were a bit lucky because we only had to wait in line for all the traffic lights for a little more than half an hour. Needless to say, we were happy to arrive at this newly build hotel, which has been given 2 stars, about 6 PM in the evening.

Like most hotels, you can’t reserve a parking space, but even when you arrive late at night, it seems that there is always a parking place available. Not bad at all I might ad.

Check-in went very smoothly and the staff behind the reception were more than friendly and if I may say so … for the first time in ages, the pictures I saw on the internet weren’t mistaken, even our room was the same like I had seen on the pictures … me like.

Although I wasn’t able to book two rooms because of the busy season, I went for a triple room. The room itself is very basic with enough space to walk around, but besides a small double bed on one side as well as a small single one near the entrance door, that is about it. If I have to say something negative, there wasn’t much room to store your luggage, not that I mind this at all, because we only booked it for 2 nights, but if you happen to want to stay for a longer time, you need to live out of your suitcase (which to me isn’t all that bad as well).

The only “luxury" in the room if you can call it that, is a small flatscreen TV and a table with 2 seats, as well as a small bathroom with washbasin, toilet and a shower with nice hot water. Although the bathroom was very tiny, I still was able to turn, so … no worries here!

It isn’t possible to have dinner in the hotel, but with some friendly directions of the staff behind the reception and a map of the city in our hands, we were in the main centre of the city in 15 minutes and with all those shops within reach, we were happy campers till late at night … to be more precise … two out of three that is! :)

Although there are a few vending machines near the reception area which sell hot and cold drinks as well as some snacks, it is better to go for a real breakfast instead which costs about 7,5 euro per person and is more than worth it. I must admit I had my doubts, but there were really loads of choices to satisfies everyones needs.

I can certainly recommend this hotel to friends, although I have my doubts if this B&B would be a good place for people who expect loads of luxury. I guess those people would be better off at the other side of the city, near Bergpark Willemshöhe, which is listed as an Unesco World heritage site, and known for its high class hotels nearby as well.

The location however of the B&B hotel Kassel is great as well, near another beautiful park and the prices are really worth it.

You really get value for what you book!
the hotel
Ils1976 says:
Yep, that is way most of the time I look at the price first, than the location and than the pictures! :)
Cho says:
I couldn't agree more when you state that you can't just rely on photos when booking for a hotel or an attraction. A lot of times the places look quite different than the pictures!
Ils1976 says:
hahaha ... indeed, bigger than mine hometown! :)

Check Kassel Hotel Deals