Azzurro

Sutton Walk, London, United Kingdom

Azzurro London Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
Lovely Italian Hidden in Waterloo Aug 28, 2015
Having used to work in Waterloo I've been to Azzurro's a few times now and it is quickly becoming one of my favourite Italian restaurants in London. I love the fact that it is almost hidden away under a bridge just outside of Waterloo station. As it's not along the Southbank it tends not to get overcrowded even on busy days as most people don't notice it.

I've had a variety of meals here over the years and they've all been good, except on one occasion. On that day it was near impossible to get the staffs attention, the food took ages and then came quite badly overcooked and we were not at all happy. I had eaten here a few times already so I allowed them an off day (it was the busiest I've ever seen it!) but my friend had never been before so it was only recently I was able to convince her to try it again. And that was only because everywhere else was packed!

On her return to Azzurro we had a much better meal. The only issue we had is that it took 3 attempts to get her diet coke and vodka right. But they did then take it off the bill which was good. Apart from that we had a great experience. The food was as good as it usually was and we all enjoyed our meals. She's now happy to return again.

The price is very reasonable as well. You usually pay around £6/7 for a starter and £11/12 for a pasta or pizza so it's never an expensive night out. Definitely worth a visit if you want some nice food before catching a train.
My mixed seafood starter. I love w…
Vikram says:
Thanks. I'm in London in a fortnight so I'll keep this one on the list!
Posted on: Aug 28, 2015