Azuri Cafe

Azuri Cafe - Baklava dessert

Azuri Cafe New York Reviews

jackygoh1 jackygoh1
Fantastic Falafel! Nov 25, 2011
Alright, I have to admit this is my very first falafel. I haven't seen this food in Singapore as there are not many Jewish and middle eastern food here.

Azuri Cafe is a Kosher Israeli restaurant. I came to know of this great cafe during the food on foot tour. My tour partner initially said that she tried falafel and she didn't want to eat it as she found that almost all the falafel she tried were awful. But our tour guide, Corey and others persuaded her.

When she bite it, she said that was the best falafel she ever eaten and she immediately became a convert. I tried pita bread before but the bread tasted too soft, but the pita bread here is quite crunchy. I really like it as it taste refreshing and it is healthy. The pita bread is filled with so much fresh vegetable. You can almost taste the love put in by the owners Mr and Mrs Cohen and their team.

We were warned that Mr Cohen is the unfriendly one. But his wife is the friendly one who came to share with us that they always prepare the food early at 3 am. That's why the food taste so good and fresh. She also said there is no gluten in the pita bread. When you put your heart to it, people can feel it.

The cafe is small, it can only seat about 6 people. Anyway, most people just buy and takeout. Besides falafel, they have other Jewish food. For full list of menu, visit azuricafe.com

They have been anointed the best falafel in New York City. So, if you in NYC, you got to try it. Well, it has the power to convert someone who hate falafel to an addict who can't wait to buy another one.
Falafel