Azulaich

+351 268 33 84 00

Azulaich Estremoz Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice place with a good ambiance Nov 20, 2004
Azulaich is the restaurant at the hotel Páteo dos Solares. The hotel was classy and so was the restaurant even though it was quite empty. I looked at the menu and amongst the most typical dishes which were served as local specialities was “Roasted goat leg with grain pure” or “Slowly roast pork jarred with Milanese risotto. I went for the roasted goat leg that tasted surprisingly good and I didn’t know what to expect.

On the wine list amongst others were examples of the complex richness of tastes, such as Joao Portugal Ramos, Monte Seis Reis, Quinta do Carmo, Monte das Servas and numerous typical vineyards who are part of the Rota dos Vinhos do Alentejo. I enjoyed a whole bottle of a local wine yard but I can’t remember which one, only that I slept good afterwards.

The name Azulaich comes originally from the Maureen word al-zulaich, that is a bright polished stone, and again which derives from the word azulejo (tile), which is identified as a bright, shinning ceramic with a regular surface and polygonal; the name was chosen for this restaurant space.

When I came down to the restaurant I was alone but only 30 minutes later a local birthday party entered and I enjoyed that the focus was moving away from me. The waitress was extremely service minded and she was filling the glass all the time and the wine was disappearing too fast. I was happy to empty the glass and actually see the bottom of it.
The restaurant