Azteca D'oro Mexican Restaurant

(407) 826-9191

Azteca D'oro Mexican Restaurant Orlando Reviews

Cho Cho
Popular Mexican restaurant in Orlando Oct 22, 2013
We were at this restaurant for dinner a couple of weeks ago for my birthday. We chose to go on a Sunday as they have mariachi music only on Sundays.

Although we arrived fairly early around 6:30 pm we had to park away from the restaurant, and also had to wait for about ten minutes to get a table. The place was packed, I suppose because of the entertainment by the mariachi singers. Mariachi is a form of Mexican folk music, and for those who have been to Mexico, I'm sure they are familiar with this type of music.

It was Happy Hour all day, and they were offering two drinks for the price of one, so I ordered Sangria again as I did the last time at a Greek restaurant. Sangria is said to be the national drink of Spain, and I believe Portugal too, but again the Sangria I've had so far in the United States taste quite different from the one in Spain! No matter, I finished both my drinks during the course of the meal.

A good portion of tortilla chips were served with the meal and the waitress even brought another basket later. The meal itself was quite satisfying. We ordered Shrimp ceviche and Tacos autenticos with chopped beef. As usual, as in most restaurants in the US, they were big servings, and we had a hard time finishing all of the food.

The mariachi singers were all women and they went around the big restaurant stopping at nearly every table. I was pleasantly surprised when they sang "Happy Birthday" to me at our table. No doubt they had advance notice from someone. Oh, and one of the ladies put on a big sombrero hat on my head just when they started to sing. I thought that was a neat gesture!

The bill came up to be a little over $36 which is about normal for this type of restaurant. If you like Mexican food this is the place to go. This particular chain has several branches in the states of Washington, Oregon and five here in Florida. In summary, I would say the Azteca chain is a more elegant and higher class version of Taco Bell fast food restaurants, but with a lot more variety on the menu, and higher prices to go along with it.
The restaurant sign on the street
Front view of the restaurant
Mariachi singers at the restaurant
The little baby seems to be captiv…
Glynnes says:
Congrats!
Cho says:
@ Cicie, Yuyun, Monica and Bill - Thank you very much for the congrats. Appreciate you all taking the time, thanks again!
monky says:
Congrats on being featured Cho! good to see you like and enjoy your Birthday with Mexican food!:D

Check Orlando Hotel Deals