Ayers Rock

8 Münzgasse, Dresden, Germany

Ayers Rock Dresden Reviews

aloneinthecrowd aloneint…
Australian Specials Mar 27, 2010
After a long day strolling the city we got hungry and a thuringian bratwurst wasn't enough to satisfy our hunger ;)

We looked for something special and we spotted the Ayers Rock. I've never been to an australian restaurant before and was curious to eat there. Same was Klaus.

The restaurant isn't very big and every table inside seemed occupied, aswell as the tables outside. But we were lucky, one table got vacant and it wasn't reserved, so we sat down.

The interior is very cosy. The walls are painted in a warm yellow colour and we felt home immediately.

At first we ordered something to drink since we needed some time to study the enormous menu ;) Klaus had a black beer and I had an australian Shiraz which was great.

You can choose from meat, fish and pasta dishes and they have a variety of starters aswell as deserts.

The restaurant is famous for its variety of cocktails. The bar menu is longer than the food menu - lol.

Klaus ordered the kangaroo steak with iced apple slices, Macadamia, Cranberries and country potatoes. I had ostrich with buttered herb crust, pamesan, rucola and potatoes.

Both dishes were very yummy.

After the main dish there still was some space to fill in our stomaches so we ordered 2 cups of homemade icecream, which was great aswell.

Unfortunately I haven't taken any photos but I can ensure you that everything was fresh and yummy. Definitely a great place to eat. The prices are not cheap but reasonable.
mcphistino says:
He he, I would definitely have had the kangaroo-steak as well ^_^ Thanx for sharing!
Posted on: Apr 08, 2010