Ayers Rock Butcher & Grill

Avenue K Shopping Mall 156 Jalan Ampang 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Ayers Rock Butcher & Grill Kuala Lumpur Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Ayers Rock Butcher & Grill Jan 23, 2015
I came to this place by chance because all other eateries were so packed as though everyone was distributing free food.

This place is quite hidden at the top level where there's not many shops on this floor, so it was quite empty as compared to others. The atmosphere was exceptionally quiet as they had no music on, and the surroundings were quiet, and there's less noise cos there were not many people dining anyway.

They serve mostly beef - Australian beef. I wasn't really in the mood for beef but since it was the only place with seats available, I went in.

I was quite irritated by the service initially, cos the place was clearly not crowded, but the waiter saw me waving 3 times, acknowledged me, and decided to do other things anyway. I was pretty mad and thought I'd do 1 more wave and if he doesn't come, I'll just stomp out. Just before I did that, the waiter asked his colleague to attend to me, and her service was a whole 360 degrees change.

Wasn't much I could order for lunch cos I'd definitely not have time for a steak or anything like that. So I went for the burger which looks really juicy in the pictures/menu.

Service was fast. It didn't take long for them to serve me. The presentation was somewhat normal and nothing to wow about. So I believe, "pictures are for illustrative purposes only". The whole plate looks kinda dry with just the burger, some sauce, and fries. The burger was layered with a miserable piece of 'leaf' (lettuce), a slice of tomato and a few 'strands' of onion. The bun was really dry I must say.

Portion is big though. A bit difficult to bite on as the burger was quite thick. So I kinda had to eat the buns and the meat separately. The moment I tasted the beef, I was left with no words. Whatever complains I had earlier on were immediately waived. It tasted soooo good that I didn't really cared about anything else. Yes, so you go there for the beef and beef only, and just close your eyes to anything else that is not.
trippin_jen says:
EXACTLY! You summarized my whole 10 paragraphs in just 1 sentence. BRAVO!~ HAHHA!
Posted on: Jan 23, 2015
spocklogic says:
Sounds like you were looking for some peace and quiet, found this place, didn't really want beef, and feel waiters ignore you anyway to add insult to injury, as they say! Then you taste and have peace with satisfaction.
Posted on: Jan 23, 2015