Ayasofya Hurrem Sultan Hamam

Istanbul, Turkey

Ayasofya Hurrem Sultan Hamam Istanbul Reviews

saintgl saintgl
A relaxing way to end the day in Istanbul May 01, 2012
One "most do" item on my list during my visit to Istanbul was to visit a Turkish bath. I didn't really have any specific place in mind; I just thought I ask a local once I get there. This place was recommended by a tour guide as one of the best and historical in the city, and because it was so close to where I was staying, I decided to give it a try. The guide did mention that it was more expensive that most of the others because it was considered a luxurious Turkish bath. I later found out that it was almost double the price of others, which made me feel like an idiot for a minute. But then I thought that maybe I did get an upscale treatment in comparison to others. Oh well, I was on vacation and it was a great experience. I walked out of that place more relaxed and happier than I have been in days. Not to mention cleaner than ever before. I even felt lighter; the guy must have shaven a couple of pounds of dead skin and dirt off my skin! LOL. The only reason I gave it four stars (recommended), instead of five (highly recommended) is because I feel like you may get better “value” from others, based on research I did afterwards. You may also get a more genuine experience in another one, because this felt very touristy. But nevertheless, it was a good experience and I still recommend it.
saintgl says:
Hey Carlos! Yes, you should, it is a really pleasant experience. And you will walk out of there shinier than a full moon :)
Posted on: May 02, 2012
montecarlostar says:
I need to try one of these whenever I get to Istanbul!
Posted on: May 01, 2012