Aya - Sushi

+353 (0)1 677 1544

Aya - Sushi Dublin Reviews

Supigirl Supigirl
Jun 10, 2007
Aya is still my absolute favorite sushi bar in Dublin. There is a few more opened by now, but Aya....I'm getting all nervous when I even think about it. yammi

ok, so Aya is Dublin's first sushi bar. It is located in Dublin city center. Clarendon Street is parallel street of Grafton Street, so it's also perfect for a quick lunch between your shoppings :)

The food is delicious. The fish is really fresh. But there is also a lot on the belt which is without fish. You even have to watch out, as there is even meat in the maki rolls.

As it is sushi it's obviously a bit pricey. There is a menu but if you in Aya you might be better off sitting on the belt, where you just help yourself. There are different colors plates, that are from €2.50 up to €5 per plate. There is an unofficial "happy hour" that we had on Sunday from 2.30pm. We had to let the staff know though. Then they made a note on our table sheet that our plates are just €1.50. So you do have to let them know that you know.

In the evening "all you can eat" starts. Just that they call it 55. Meaning you have 55 minutes, get a tea and a soup and then you can eat as much as you can (which is a lot when it comes to me eating sushi). This is €29.

They also charge €2 for the seat, which I find a bit weird but it might be because there is no real tip as there is not a lot of service.

The staff is not very nice, at least not the ones I met so far. But they're just bringing you the drink anyway, you're not too dependent on them :)

I love it. Would definitively be the place where I would have my last meal, if I had to die :)
the sushi belt
sushi with ham and asparagus

Related Travel Blogs About Aya - Sushi

On Sunday I met Christin for sushi.First I had a coffee in McCafe (served in a glass!?), then she cheated by having a quick cheese burger. We went to Phil Lynott's statue and watched the people for a…Aya, Dublin's favorite sushi bar. Sushi served on a belt. Roughly  €3 per plate,  depending on the color…

Check Dublin Hotel Deals