Axholm Friery

Castletown, Isle of Man

Axholm Friery Castletown Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Fish & Chips Jun 11, 2011
I was getting really hungry but I didn’t feel like going to a restaurant and sit inside all evening when the sun was shinning from a clear blue sky, well almost. I had really no idea what was I was feeling like until I passed the Square close the Town Hall of Castletown. Suddenly I saw one of these friery trucks that were parked close to a narrow walking street to the main Square near the House of Keys.

I was the only customer when I arrived, and all the 3 girls behind the counter were eating their own food, which usually is a good sign. They were all jolly and smiling I guess it was the end of a busy week with TT Race and the 100 km circle race.

I ordered a couple cod slices with frites and salad. I am generally not a big fan of this kind of food even though I love fresh cod, but I felt I had to do it now I was there. One of the girls took the fish out of the freezer and dipped them in the dough before frying them. The frits were hand cut and she also fried these straight away. They were now getting loads of customers and I just was happy to be served first

The fish and chips were quite tasty .
My dinner for that evening
The shop

Compare Ballasalla Hotel Rates (0.3km away)

Castletown Map