Axelborg Bodega

Axelborg Bodega - A local Danish beer from Nørrebro Bryghus

Axelborg Bodega Copenhagen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Axelborg Bodega Dec 22, 2009
Axelborg Bodega is a traditional Danish place to enjoy a beer in the city centre close to the city centre. The establishment has since 1912 served home cooking Danish style. I have been eating here but it has been some years ago. Today I prefer to go here with some colleagues after work to enjoy a quiet beer.

In the summertime you can enjoy the city beat sitting outside. When you sit there you can’t avoid seeing that most of the regulars order dagens ret (daily special). The food is typical Danish dishes like meatballs or frikadeller, pork chops (kotelletter), hakkebøf or flæskesteg!

It was once the favourite place for one of the riches Danish men, and a guy every Dane liked; Simon Spies. His favourite table is still marked in the room even though he passed away many years ago.

Simon Spies who made his fortune in Charter tourism was a really entertaining person; I met him every morning while I studied in high school. He was almost every day out walking his little Papillion dog in a pink tracksuit. He was always friendly and said hi boys to us, and asking how we were.
Seen from Axel Torv
A close up of the outside
A local Danish beer from Nørrebro…
Our waitress