Axel Hotel Berlin

Axel Hotel Berlin Rates and Deals

Axel Hotel Berlin Reviews

gigharmon gigharmon
Uber-cool hotel in Berlin's gay Schoneberg neighborhood May 26, 2011
I wound up spending one night at Axel -- which is a very good-looking, slick, modern, gay hotel that bills itself as "hetero-friendly" -- when I had to extend my trip to Berlin because I got sick. I found a really good last-minute rate for this hotel online and it perfectly suited my needs: a comfy bed with TV to watch music videos and english speaking news and a really nice modern bathroom and shower with rain-style shower head. I requested an early check-in when I made my reservation and was pleasantly surprised to find my room ready and available by 9 a.m.! I can't emphasize enough how huge that was. Since I was sick, I was unable to check out any of the hotel's other amenities like the rooftop hottub, sauna, health club, restaurant and bar. A couple of the floors had public computers, but since they were often occupied, I wish each floor had one. The location is very convenient to the Fuggerstrasse portion of Schoneberg's gay scene, the famous KaDeWe department store, and the food vendors of Wittenbergplatz. The hotel is a cool concept and I hope to stay here again someday when I'm not sick!

Axel Hotel Berlin Overview

The Axel Berlin is situated in the heart of the city. Guests will find themselves with access to an array of attractions, including the KaDeWe department store and the Kurfurstendamm. The Berlin Zoo and Potsdamer Platz are also quite near the property, which is located in the city’s gay district. The Axel Hotel Berlin is located only a short driving distance from Tegel Airport. The airport and other Berlin attractions can be easily accessed using public transit as well as by using a taxi or rental car service.

All of the guestrooms at the Axel Hotel in Berlin are designed for comfort. All 86 rooms include LCD televisions and iPod docks. Each room also offers a large private bathroom with many amenities.

Guests will find ample shopping, dining, and leisure options in the area. The hotel offers a wellness center as well as numerous saunas and a gym. The hotel also offers an onsite restaurant as well as a large buffet breakfast.

Axel Hotel Amenities

• Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes