Avis car rental in Birmingham

www.avis.co.uk - 08445081081081

Avis car rental in Birmingham Reviews

Chokk Chokk
AVIS car rental in Birmingham Jul 03, 2008
Birmingham airport is quiet easy to find your way in. For me one of the most striking things was the entry procedures due to that England is not a member of Schengen Agreement. The term Schengen Agreement is used for two agreements concluded among European states in 1985 and 1990 which deal with the abolition of systematic border controls among the participating countries.

As soon you have passed this part the rest is easy. Finding the area for the rental cars was very easy and no problem at all, especially compared to many other airports. The cars were situated very close to the arrival area. The prices were fair and not too high, even for larger cars. One thing I found missing here compared to other places where mainland Europeans rents cars in Great Britain was that there were no reminders of the left side driving in the car.

Delivering the car was just as easy with good indication on where to deliver it. Check of the car went fast too. Only minus here was the distance from here to the airport which would have had an influence if it was raining.

All in all; a good place to rent cars.
We had an Omega with automatic
Chokk says:
Jeff - your comment is worth a review - go for it:)
And you had the rain - poor guy:)
Posted on: Jan 30, 2009
jennjeff1 says:
Hi Christian! I also rented from Avis at Birmingham Airport this month. Walking in the rain from the car hire area to the terminal at 0500 was not fun, despite how close it was. Also, Avis check-in does not open until after 0730 so I could not check in my car due to my 0650 flight so I had to drop my key at the Avis terminal desk. Luckily, the Avis counter in Stuttgart was able to print out my receipt later that same morning so I could file my business travel voucher without having to wait for a receipt in the mail which would take another couple of weeks for it to arrive.

The other thing about renting from Avis in England is all the compact cars are not only right-hand drive but also left-hand manual stick shift! I had to drive in the rain from 0300-0430 while passing spraying trucks all the way from Alconbury to Birmingham. Next time I hope to fly into Stansted instead!

Posted on: Jan 30, 2009