Avis Car Rental

United States

Avis Car Rental Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
There's something about this Car Rental... Feb 06, 2010
I am not sure if there are many differences between Car Rental places, but among the ones I have used, I have to say that definitively there’s stuff about AVIS that I don’t like. First of all, their car choices. I usually rent economic or compact cars and they don’t seem to have that choice (at least on their website).

Second is their VERY inconvenient service for debit cards. Don’t ever try to rent a car in this agency with a debit card. Renting a car with a debit card is always inconvenient, but with AVIS it’s much more than that. Most times when you rent a car with a debit card, they will put a hold on your card for up to 300 bucks for the period you have the car with you. Well, AVIS puts a $400 hold in your card and they say that it might take a month to be cleared after you return your car (!!!), when it usually takes 1-3 days with most other agencies.

But when I tried to use my card even under these inconvenient terms, they said they had to make a “credit check” and it didn’t go through (!) Honestly I don’t know why going through so many problems when you can just go to Enterprise or Hertz. Just sharing my experience.
montecarlostar says:
You're welcome! Thanks for taking a look at it.
Posted on: Feb 07, 2010