Avignon

Avignon, France

Avignon Reviews

llmaddox llmaddox
Aug 27, 2007
Avignon is mostly good for a day trip from nearby provincal France. Take a walk around the walled city, stop by--but, don't enter-- the palais des papes, and have a drink at an unassuming cafe or bar off the main plaza. Avoid the food inside the old town, as much of it resembles American chain food at twice the price. The Red Zone, a pub/lounge near the center of the old town, is good for twenty-somethings with a taste for techno and mainstream dance music.

Related Travel Blogs About Avignon

Sur le Pont
Hallo, I'm now in Avignon, waiting for the train that will whisk me away to Germany-via-Paris. The ride will take a total of 15 hours, yipes, and Munich is my first destination in L'Allemagne. I li…Avignon happened to be above a karaoke bar, so I had a fun night singing karaoke with Avignon
Hitch-hiking to Avignon
I arrived in Nice at about three pm, met Jiaxin by the old town and we walked around for two hours or so before catching a bus to a spot close to the highway. We stood there for two minutes before a …Avignon, and never thought we would get there in one ride. But we did. The two guys were going…
Montpellier – This doesn’t look like Vermont
July 19th The Lyon trains final destination was Avignon- that famous medieval town that was the site of the alternative papacy as Roman Catholicism went through its first mid-life crisis. The p…Avignon- that famous medieval town that was the site of the alternative papacy as Roman Catholicism went through its first…

Check Avignon Hotel Deals