Avenue Hotel Amsterdam

Avenue Hotel Amsterdam Rates and Deals

Avenue Hotel Amsterdam Reviews

Ils1976 Ils1976
overpriced but good location Jan 24, 2015
Finding a nice hotel for a cheap budget in the centre of Amsterdam isn’t always easy, especially when you book something last minute. After searching for more than half an hour on the net, I found a single room in the Avenue Hotel for the price of 89 euro including breakfast. At the time, it seemed a fair price but seeing afterwards this is clearly overpriced.

The hotel itself is ideally located near the central train station, which is only a 10 minutes walk.

Although I checked in early and my single room still wasn’t finished, the friendly lady behind the reception made sure I could store my luggage bag safely in the luggage room and coming back to the hotel late at night, I had no problem retrieving it back.

Only downside is that something went wrong during the day coz sadly enough I had to check in once again and this time the guy behind the counter wasn’t all that friendly. Maybe the late hour had something to do it, but on the other hand … going through the process for the second time over isn’t really customer friendly as well.

Feeling really tired, I was just glad that I was handed over my key and feeling like a zombie, I walked to the elevator on to the 3rd floor only to reach my room about a few minutes later and to my surprise, it was just the smallest room I had ever seen.

Besides a small wardrobe and a single bed, there was a washbasin on the other side and maybe some people call it a bathroom but is was just a closet size room with a shower and a toilet and you could literally take a shower sitting on the toilet if it wasn't for the glas wall dividing the space.

Talking about 3 stars, this was clearly not my idea of a 3 star hotel. Okay, they did try to push in a TV and a water heater, but still … I could only say that is mere a 2 star hotel when you consider that you are after all in a modern European city. To be honest, I have stayed in hotels in China with no stars which were more luxurious than where I was staying now, so this is a fair comparison in my book.

Breakfast was included in the price, and although I wouldn’t easily recommend anyone staying here … I must admit that breakfast was abundant with all the hot and cold dishes and loads of choices. Even the toughest customer would be satisfied coming to this breakfast and they definitely did their best to choose local products, something which I like very much.

It was an ideal rescue in the search of a hotel but sadly enough I must say that I would never again return to this hotel … and sadly enough I can’t highly recommend it as well. If you have no other choice, take a minute to think about it coz it is overpriced, otherwise … go for it … you have been warned!
front of the hotel
tiny bed
washbasin on the other side of the…
bathroom : toilet / shower
Ils1976 says:
That's the danger when going abroad, sometimes you are lucky, sometimes not ... but yeah, the breakfast was great and that's the most important! :D
Posted on: Oct 12, 2015
Cho says:
I have stayed in many similar small hotels around Europe, so I know how you must have felt. But at least the breakfast was good!
Posted on: Oct 12, 2015
kieu kieu
The best location and breakfast buffet May 23, 2012
Hotel is a short walk from Centraal Station and easy for us to find, one street over from the main street. Hotel was clean but room was a bit small, still very comfortable. The room also had perfectly working AC, which is apparently very rare to get in Europe. AC worked great! This hotel had the best breakfast buffet I've ever had at a hotel in Europe, the biggest selection too. Our breakfast was included but I think it is normally 6-7 Euro. It is worth the price. Location is great, very central to Dam Square which is a short walk up the street. Many bars and places to eat in the area. A few streets over from the Red Light District. Only extra charge was tourist tax that was paid during check in but not that expensive. A little bit pricier than the majority of hotels I've stayed at, but I would stay here again.
Chokk says:
I am looking for a central hotel in Amsterdam and this might be it !
Posted on: May 25, 2013
pease pease
A satisfactory hotel at the city center Mar 13, 2011
I have chosen to stay in Avenue Hotel during my Amsterdam holiday way back in July 2010 largely because it is situated in a very central area of Amsterdam close to Dam Square and the central railway station.

This is a nice three-star hotel and therefore well affordable.

Breakfast, which included English breakfast, was satisfactory and the room was clean. The only thing which was not functioning was the Wifi internet access.
Chris27_Malta Chris27_…
Good hotel in an excellent location Aug 02, 2010
I enjoyed my stay in the Avenue Hotel. Its location is excellent, only 5 minutes walk from the Central Station. The room and ensuite were good. Breakfast was plentiful and the service was okay. The only glitch was the internet wi-fi service which was awful since the connection signal was very weak.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for those who wish to visit Amsterdam.
homeres homeres
Avenue Hotel Amsterdam Mar 19, 2008
I stayed at this hotel for 2 days, the first room was okay but the second one we had to move into was Hot! It was a studio apartment that was open and it was 128 EURO a night.

The hotel was safe, nice they had Heineken on tap in the Lobby. Breakfast was included and it was great!

I dont have much to complain about the hotel, there is a big sign outside the building that says 'Avenue'. The location is great because it is in walking distance from bars and it is only a 5 minute walk from Centraal Station.
View from our window
dewinstuff dewinstu…
Oct 03, 2007
Check out the Avenue Hotel. It is walking distance from Central Station, clean and has a small bar. When I was there, they had free internet access. It comes with a pretty good breakfast (cereals, breads, eggs, cold cuts). We picked it because it got good reviews on TripAdvisor and had a good price.

Avenue Hotel Amenities

• Excursions
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower