Avenue Garden Hotel

Avenue Garden Hotel Rates and Deals

Avenue Garden Hotel New Orleans Reviews

slydale slydale
A true diamond in the rough. Oct 30, 2010
In my book, cleanliness and service trumps most other categories in a hotel. This diamond in the rough tops both of those categories in my book. It's certainly not the fanciest hotel you'll very stay in, and if you're in to upscale chic, this isn't the place for you. But if you like good clean accomidations with a staff that is ready and willing to provide you with unmatched service, don't look any further. I chose to visit New Orleans on a last minute whim at a time when, unknown to me, when there were three major things happening at the same time in the Big Easy on that particular weekend. Honestly, I chose the Avenue Garden Hotel for only one reason...it was the only place evenly remotely close to where I wanted to be that had accomodations available for the time I wanted to visit...lucky for me. How can I say that a hotel costing $149 per night is an average price to pay? Answer: When the only other available choices are two to five times higher, there really is no other choice.

The trolly stop is right at the front door, there are many good local places to eat within walking distance, cab rides for three of us to almost anywhere in the city were $10 to $15, the staff had an immediate answer to any question we had, I could go on and on. The Avenue Garden is an old, family owned, boutique hotel near the edge of the Garden District, bordering the Warehouse District, then the French Quarter. It's decor is date and a little rough, but we prefer quaint and nostalgic. It's kind of like stepping back in time a few decades.

We're one day in to a three day stay and I could go on and on, but I'll stop for now. If my opinion changes, I'll update this review, but frankly, I don't think that will happen. I chose the Avenue Garden out of necessity this time, it will be my choice for all my future trips to his lovely city.

Ok, there is one small negative, secure off street parking is $20 per day, but if you've stayed in major cities around the country, you'll agree that's pretty much a bargain as well.
Eric says:
Hi Slydale -- welcome to TravBuddy! Thanks for sharing your hotel review.
Posted on: Oct 30, 2010

Avenue Garden Hotel Overview

Location. Avenue Garden Hotel is located in New Orleans's Garden District neighborhood, close to Coliseum Square, Louisiana Superdome, and Bourbon Street. Nearby points of interest also include Jackson Square and French Market. Hotel Features. Avenue Garden Hotel features secure parking, coffee in the lobby, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas. Business services and concierge services are available. Additional property amenities include air conditioning in public areas. Guestrooms. 30 air conditioned guestrooms at Avenue Garden Hotel feature windows that open and blackout drapes/curtains. Bathrooms feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Wireless Internet access is available. Cable television is provided. Rooms also include irons/ironing boards and clock radios. Housekeeping is offered daily and guests may request wake up calls. Guestrooms are all non smoking. Notifications:There are no room charges for children 18 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.

Avenue Garden Hotel Amenities

• Business Center
  • High-speed Internet
  • Concierge
  • Air Conditioned
  • Housekeeping
  • Cable / Satellite TV
  • TV
  • Internet Connection (wireless)

Check Avenue Garden Hotel Rates and Deals