Ave Maria

01 47 00 61 73

Ave Maria Paris Reviews

kels162164 kels1621…
Aug 08, 2007
Ave Maria is a very bo-bo (bourgeois boheme) resto. This basically means its got the young, hip crowd. It's located in the former working class, now funky twenty-something Oberkampf quarter, so if you're planning to hit the bars, this is a great place to start. Its a very humble looking exterior, but when you walk in you are suddenly in the middle of an eclectic jungle-like interior jam packed with tables, and people waiting for those tables (no reservations). Each plate has a different "theme" so the restaurant is definitely specializes in "world" cuisine. My favorites are Woman on Top (I think Brazilian), Hakuna Matata (African) and Himalaya Dream (Nepalese-Indian). The plates are enormous for French serving sizes and cost about 15. They've got awesome mojitos and you can get pictures of delicious fruit juice mixes (alcholic, of course). If you want to get a taste of local Paris flavor, and are tired of the traditional bistro food, Ave Maria should definitely be on the list!
Sweetski says:
Great tip. I love the use of slang in you're review (bo-bo) and I will most certainly go here. I have to say though, I never get tired of the traditional bistro food. That is one of the many reasons I love France in general and Paris in particular. :)
Posted on: May 02, 2008