Avani Kalutara Resort

Check Kalutara Hotel Deals

Avani Kalutara Resort Reviews

korpun korpun
What a place... Feb 09, 2012
I needed a fast get away from the snowy and chilly home country! I found a relatively cheap travel agency's last call package which included the flights, airport transportation and the hotel which was in Sri Lanka. I booked it online and later realised that I had bought an all inclusive package but I didn't complain :)

I chose the hotel according the photos and what I had seen from the neighbouring area on google maps. I didn't become disappointed, the place was as expected. A nice beach, palm trees, a pool, lots of sunshine and the hot climate!

My all inclusive package included three buffet meals per day plus snacks and drinks - alcohol drinks too. The restaurant is great and food was delicious. Beer was drinkable and of course I tried all the other drinks they had on the list (cuba libre, pina colada...)

Everybody working at the hotel were friendly and spoke English. The room was cleaned every day and I didn't find any interesting animals inside my room (outside I did find some furry spiders, geckos, squirrels etc. but that I counted as a bonus)

If you are interested in resting, swimming in the pool, eating, sun bathing and things like that, the place is just perfect! I personally found the place a bit boring but I managed to arrange adventures for myself. In the end, I stayed only one day at the hotel during my one week stay. So, I didn't spend much time at the hotel and didn't have time to try the canoe which I regretted afterwards. I went swimming on the sea only once... the waves were quite high all the time - must be a good swimmer when going there!

Kalutara City was farther than I had thought (5 km), it's easy to reach by tuk-tuk but a bit too far (read HOT) to walk. There were some local restaurants close to the hotel - three buffet meals kept me away from their services. I didn't see any other tourists there either.

There is also a small "spa", I didn't try their services.

Overall, Avani is a great place to stay - I can recommend the place.

(The hotel was previously called Kani Lanka Resort & Spa)
The pool and the sea
My balcony on the upper floor
Kalutara City on the other side of…

Check Kalutara Hotel Deals