Avani Bentota Resorts & Spa

Check Bentota Hotel Deals

Avani Bentota Resorts & Spa Reviews

ramit ramit
Luxury Resort on the Bentota Beach Jun 20, 2012
I would not fault this Resort & Spa for anything and that is why my ratings are 5 stars for each category . It looked good during my search on there website and that's exactly what we got when we got there .

Bentota has 5-7 luxury resorts so it was quite hard to make a choice just based on their websites . Arriving at the Avani from Colombo on the newly built highway was a breeze . The entrance of the resort is not very fancy ... but has that typical beach resort feel to it . We were welcomed warmly by the resort staff with a refreshing cool tropical fruit drink.

The first thing that struck me as I was standing in the open lobby .. one side is the entrance , then is the reception area .. then the lobby with a huge chandelier and the opposite side is completely open facing the lawns and the sea . There was a fish pond on the left with tropical plants in it .... and the whole resort is painted absolutely white ... which just gave that feeling of complete relaxation .

I had put in a request for an upgrade through my travel agent and we were assured of one . I have not seen or stayed at a bigger room than this one ... it must have been easily a 1000 square foot room .. wow !! One of the walls had a wooden bar built into it , a large 52 inches LCD screen and DVD player , two single seater couches with a coffee table , a King sized bed with awesome mood lighting on its head board .

The bathroom was large with a tub and separate shower area . The room also had a walk in Closet !!! Couldn't have gotten better than this :D .

The room opened up to a small private green area with two chairs & a table facing one of the swimming pools in the resort . The multi-cuisine restaurant was right beside this pool and right across from our room.

There is a larger swimming pool on the other side of the resort . The lawns are large and lush green with lounger beds spread across them . Palm trees lined up in the entire resort giving us a typical tropical beach resort feel . There is another specialty restaurant open only for dinner . The hotel has a gym and a spa for those wanting to keep up with their exercise regime or pamper their senses with a spa treatments.

The resort is right on the beach so you just need to cross the lawns and you are on the beach . The staff is efficient, smiling and warm . Requests were understood and taken up immediately . The Bentota town is a 10 minute walk from the resort so we picked up chilled beers to last us 4 days :D.

Lastly , but an extremely important part of any luxury resort experience is the food . The spreads were large and multi- cuisine . The dishes were absolutely a joy to eat and enjoy by the poolside . They even laid out a special table for us on our request so that all of us could sit outside on the lawns with some candles & flares surrounding us .

Definitely recommended .
Wine bottle from my travel agent w…
A Dutch Village design for the res…
Lush green lawns facing the sea
Just me .. taking everything in :0
ramit says:
Oh yeah !! It was a very nice resort :)
Posted on: Aug 11, 2012
mafe says:
very nice..it looks quiet and relaxing..
Posted on: Aug 11, 2012