Avadon Divers

0115015033377

Avadon Divers Placencia Reviews

Soo_Jun Soo_Jun
Avadon Divers (Amazing Staff and Affordable) Apr 25, 2011
Went to Belize April 18-25 for a Whale Shark migration and to see them in the wild. For 5 days of diving I paid $1200USD which included the 2 story boat, 3 tanks.

Everyday when our dive group went in to sign in they had breakfast and coffee, juice, milk etc ready for us before we even got on the boat. If you own your own equipment like myself, all you have to do is bring it to the dive shop and they will set everything up for you for 5 days; they clean your gear every day after your dive, dry them and set them up for you before you get there at 6:30am.

Staffs are friendly and so much fun to be around. Mary-Anne who is the owner is the sweetest lady I have ever met. On each boat they have 3-4 dive masters that'll dive with the group. On the boat the staffs are friendly and goofy but once we get our gears on and ready to dive, they are all business!

On my first day we had 2 whale shark dive (it was our 1st and 3rd dive) within 10 min we saw 4 whale sharks. Because of the park regulations, we weren't allowed to go beyond 80feet but they were clearly visible (no flash photography for their migration) waiting for them appear is a hit or a miss but we were glad once we got back on land we were the very first group to see them this week. On my second day we did the exact same dive and we got 4 whale sharks and one baby whale shark even broke surface! Which is very rare since they stay at 120feet. The reef dives were amazing! I wish I can say my dives were horrible and I saw nothing but seeing 8 whale sharks, 20+ spotted rays, eels, tuna, turtles, lion fish, crabs, lobsters, nurse shark, reef sharks, barracudas, groupers, puffer fish and on and on I had so much fun! You don't even have to be a diver to enjoy, you can snorkel along with the divers.

After each dive they have platter of fresh fruit waiting for you and for lunch it was rice and beans, chicken and salad.

If you are ever in Placencia and want to go out for a dive, go to Avadon Divers.

Check Placencia Hotel Deals