Austria

Tirol, Austria

Austria Tirol Reviews

Vlindertje Vlindert…
Sep 21, 2007
Austria is a landlocked country in Central Europe. It borders Germany and the Czech Republic to the north, Slovakia and Hungary to the east, Slovenia and Italy to the south, and Switzerland and Liechtenstein to the west. The capital city is Vienna.

As I was only 1 year old, my parents already took me hiking in the Austrian mountains. We went there twice sometimes three times a year. Austria is beautifull country in summer and winter time.

We always used to go to "Tirol" Austria is divided into nine states 'Bundesländer'. Tirol is one of them.

Tyrol (German: Tirol) is a state or Bundesland, located in the west of Austria.

The state is split into two parts - called North Tyrol and East Tyrol - by a 20km-wide strip of land where the state of Salzburg borders directly on the Italian Province of Bolzano-Bozen (Alto Adige/South Tyrol).

North Tyrol borders Bavaria, Germany, in the north, the state of Vorarlberg in the west, Bozen-Bolzano, Italy, and Switzerland in the south and Salzburg in the east. East Tyrol also borders Carinthia in the east.

The highest mountain in the state is the Großglockner in the Hohe Tauern, with a hight of 3,798 m (12,461 ft.).

The capital is Innsbruck. The town is known for its university, especially the modern techniques in medicine. Tyrol is popular for its famous skiing resorts, such as Kitzbühel, Ischgl or St. Anton. Other larger towns are Kufstein, Schwaz, Reutte and Landeck.

If you want to know where to go or what to do: feel free to ask me. It is to much to put it in this review ! Tyrol is the best place for hiking, skiing and cycling. I feel as if it is my second home country and I just love it. I am sure you feel the same as soon as you have visited it !!!

Related Travel Blogs About Austria

Tirol Mountain roads
I have always liked driving in mountains; I guess since I was a kid and my parents crossed the Alps for the first time in their Volvo 142 with all us kids hanging in the windows admiring the fantasti…Tirol Alps driving though Austria, because I was lucky with a blue sky and green grass and trees. The worst…
Picturesque Tirol
Crossing into Austria, we entered Tirol and Linda suggested we stop in Imst but, when we got there, I thought the small town was still too big.  I’d seen some tiny villages up on the hillside …Austria, we entered Tirol and Linda suggested we stop in Imst but, when we got there, I thought the small…
The bridge on the river Inn.
Drove over the mountain passes of western Tirol, Austria from Fussen, Germany through to Innsbruck, arriving around 7PM.  Had booked a hotel that morning at the Hotel Innsbruck in the Altstadt, …Tirol, Austria from Fussen, Germany through to Innsbruck, arriving around 7PM.  Had booked a hotel that morning at the Hotel…

Check Tirol Hotel Deals