Australian Venom Zoo

www.tarantulas.com.au - 61 7 4093 8905

Australian Venom Zoo Kuranda Reviews

ClaireV1987 ClaireV1…
Probably more for International visitors Jun 01, 2011
I wasn't holding high hopes for the venom zoo and I was right. Don't get me wrong, it was by no means terrible.

Entrance is $16 for adults which I think is fairly pricey but I guess they have to make a living.

There is a large range of Australian snakes, spiders, lizards and scorpians so if you're interested in this then you will probably enjoy it. After you've paid your entry, an attendant explains that the snakes are located downstairs and that you can go down there and look for yourself. We spent about 20 minutes looking through all the snakes both venomous and non-venomous and it's a great place to learn about some of Australia's most deadly creatures. Afterwards we walked back upstairs and got a guided tour of the lizards, snakes and scorpians but one of the attendants. He took some of the creatures out of the cages to touch (if you're game!) and then we had to opportunity to hold a non-venomous Olive Python. That was my favourite part of visiting the zoo!

Overall, if you have some spare time in Kuranda or you're intrested in venomous creatures then this is the place for you. In my case, although there wasn't anything wrong with it, the zoo just wasn't that interesting...
Me & the Olive Python!