Australian Embassy

Bangkok, Thailand

Australian Embassy Bangkok Reviews

Deats Deats
Feb 08, 2008
Having criticised the Russian embassy thinking no western country could possibly be so inept, we met an Australian girl in the embassy area who was rather distraught. Her bag was snatched in Krabi by a motorbike and had her passport in. She came back to Bangkok to get a new one and they said her Thai visa would need 10 days left on it to get a new passport! It didnt, so instead they are issuing a 7 month temporary passport which basically means thats the end of her trip. Passports need a 6 month validity when entering a country.

I've never heard such things and when i needed a new passport in Estonia the British embassy issued it within 24 hours. A Danish and Israeli friend had their bag stolen in Koh Phangan and they got new passports in a few days. Don't know which embassies have similar pathetic rules to the Russians and Aussies, but i cant believe a stolen bag can lead to this much trouble, truly incredible.
They'll send you straight back her…
almond72 says:
Let's put it this way. If I lose my passport, I'll be lucky if I get a new one in 5 years. Some citizens got theirs in 10 years after screaming to the press. In the meantime, I'll have a piece of paper that's gonna be so tattered & torn from usage.
Posted on: Aug 01, 2009
free08 says:
Wow, all these stories scare me. I can't imagine being in these horrible situations.
Posted on: Feb 06, 2009
Deats says:
Wow, your story sucks too! Im sorry to hear that :( Id love to get a big shovel and smack all those beaurocrats over the head to be honest :)
Posted on: Mar 17, 2008