TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,132 travelers just like you!

Aurora78
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi III

Name: Yanti
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Join Date: January 25, 2010
Contributions: Aurora78 has written about 9 places, shared 1,069 photos, left 2,145 comments, and smiled 2,087 times.
Travel Plans
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Malay
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Roadtrip to Scotland, shopping @ Oxford Street on Boxing Day! Oh my God! The crowd!!!, during a trip to Medina- a camel shoved his tongue down my face!lol. I guess I'm hot stuff. :p The most memorable, happened in London during a wet winter. I slipped and fall on my errr.. fanny on the sidewalk, next to a traffic light which happened to be red at the time. Yep, those people in the cars were looking at me. One or two gave me a sympathetic look. My friend couldn't stop laughing! Spring 2011 - a dream came true : Rome & Paris. :)

Thanks to TB, I met and made many good friends, one of whom became my very good friend. I attended her wedding in Sri Lanka. A beautiful, traditional Sinhalese wedding. Love it!
Profile
Pretty down to earth and laid back. I might act silly sometimes. I work with children; being silly yet firm is part of my job descriptions. ;)

Oh, I sometimes talk to myself. So don't be alarmed. I'm not crazy. Really, I'm not. :)

I should probably change my profile photo. Hmmmm.
fabricciocartone says:
Posted on: Aug 19, 2017
pensacolapyro says:
So nice meeting you for the Bangkok meetup dinner. Looks like the meetup was a blast.
Posted on: Jul 03, 2017
Paulovic says:
Ah wow!! That was quite close to here! Tell me next time when visiting Europe. :)
Malaysia will be one of my future destinations. ;)
Posted on: Jun 08, 2017

Aurora78's Travel Blogs

Meet Ups .... Here and there....
Aug 21, 2010 – Nov 05, 2011
Ok... another non-travel blog but hey... sharing is caring right? :P
Overview 1,022 words 154 152 173
Mission : Escaped from Work 11 :P
May 10, 2011 – May 15, 2011
We were actually planning to go to Australia, but after one look at the Air Asia promotion (Oct '10), London won .. hands down!…
Overview 422 words 313 94 131
Weekend Getaway : Malacca Oct 10
Oct 16, 2010
Spent a weekend walking around Malacca city with 2 travbuddies. :)
Overview 0 words 70 30 45

Aurora78's Travel Reviews

Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Selangor, Malaysia
Virtually unknown to outsiders, Taman Rimba Ampang (Ampang Recreational Forest) or fondly known …
Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Selangor, Malaysia
FRIM is usually the place I escape to whenever I get tired of the concrete jungle (Kuala Lumpur)…
Cheap "Hostels" in Penang, Malaysia
Charming! That was the word that sprang to mind the moment I saw Ali’s Guest House. One look …