Aurora Hotel

Tavern, Manning, Canada

Aurora Hotel Manning Reviews

planxty planxty
Well, just one more then. Mar 12, 2017
When we are travelling Lynne aka Ravenswing understandably gets tired driving especially on roads that are so flat and featureless. For my part I just get thirsty doing absolutely nothing! The plan therefore is to stop off at a pub where I can get a pint, Lynne gets a leg stretch and very often a coffee which che can seem to drink three gallons of per day!

I am afraid that I can offer absolutely no excuse for asking the poor woman to stop here as we had literally driven about 500 yards from the Manning Motor Inn (see separate tip on this page) where we had satisfied all the requirments as outlined above. I just like pubs, and cannot bear to pass one I have not been in so, bless her, she stopped and in we went.

I mentioned that Albertan bars follow a formula and here it is. I really should have a template for them that says "clean, tidy, large screen TVs, gaming machines (VLTs as they are called here), pool table(s), no draught beer only bottled, friendly service and empty! Honestly, I have just summed up this place in one sentence but it would be lazy to leave it there so therefore I'll add a few details.

The main thing to note about the Aurora is that it seems very proud of it's Friday specials on food. Recent offerings have included fish and chips @ $10, clam chowder @ $8 and 8oz. ribeye with fries and coleslaw @ $18 which seems like good value to me. They also do the almost obligatory Wednesday wing night with 1lb (10 - 12 wings) running to $10 and various flavours available.

There is not much more to say really, it is just a standard small town Northern Albertan pub and no better nor worse than any other, they are all much of a muchness really.

I had my beer which I finished off in double quick time in deference to the poor lady's obvious patience and off we went again. Well, at least I had satisfied my curiosity not tp mention my apparently insatiable thirst!
Manning Map