Auld Jock's Pie Shoppe

118 West Bow, Old Town, United Kingdom

Auld Jock's Pie Shoppe Old Town Reviews

davejo davejo
Can't beat the pies and mash Feb 14, 2017
I notices Auld Jock's Pie Shoppe when i was visiting the Grassmarket and popped in to see what was on offer. The pies looked delicious but i had already eaten and after chatting to the owner i promised to return the following evening. I kept my promise and returned but i studied the menu for five minutes as i could not make up my mind what type of pie i would order. In the end i chose a Scots Pie which has minced lamb in it. I ordered the mashed potatoes too. This was a real treat for me as i cannot get pies at home in the Philippines. The mashed potatoes were smooth and very tasty with the HP sauce. In fact the pie was so good i ordered another one but without the mash. I would love to have come back again to eat but there were so many other restaurants to try. The place was small, perhaps only five tables, very clean, and i had a great conversation with the owner, a Turk who made all the pies himself.

And i forgot to mention that there was also a good selection of fruit tarts and cakes.

Compare Eastbourne Hotel Rates (3.7km away)

Old Town Map