Auld Dubliner

800 East University Blvd # 104, Tucson, AZ, USA - (520) 206-0323

Auld Dubliner Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Beers on Tap at the Irish Pub - Auld Dubliner Dec 17, 2010
The Irish Culture, reminds me of the Indian Culture, except for the fact that the Irish one is always with a negative connotation: too much drinking, poverty and war. The too much drinking seems to have made it's way to the International scene, making the Irish man a symbol of the drunkard. You are sure to find an Irish pub in most any country you travel to, unless there is no beer in that country. Seeing an Irish pub always reminds me of the book "Angela's Ashes" and the book "Michael Collins".

Here in Tucson, the Auld Dubliner passes for the true Irish Pub giving you the opportunity to savor beers on the tap until late in the night. I remember leaving at 1:00 am and everyone was still active and drinking. Now for one who does not drink beer much, I can tell you the Irish Pub has a selection of different liquors, whisky included.

Finding the pub is easy, it is right by the maingate of the University of Arizona. My Irish, artist friend Wayne, had bragged for months on end about the Shephard's Pie, that I fell for it. We arrived early at about 6:00 pm with the mind to dine before drinking. I ordered the Fish and chips, which came served hot and golden brown. Wayned ordered corned beef and cabbage. My desert, as well as Wayne's was of course the shephard's pie.

It is not a cheap place, many would say it is expensive. The service is great, friendly staff and the atmosphere is inviting. Well a happy crowd I would say. Good music. I prefer this one to the one on Tanque Verde.

The interior of the pub looks like the ones in Dublin. They probably built it there and brought it down to the desert (smile!). All in all, a good place for a Friday night or Saturday night with friends, colleagues etc.

Check Tucson Hotel Deals