Augustinerkeller Wien

01 5331026

Augustinerkeller Wien Vienna Reviews

Amanda Amanda
Oct 04, 2002
On our first night in Vienna, we went to this amazing restaurant that is actually housed in the wine cellar of the Hofburg Complex. It's right in the middle of Vienna, and serves Austrian food. Ahhhhh, the joy!!!

We were fresh off the plane from a long day, tired, cold, and wet from walking in the rain, and walked into the best slice of heaven ever. It's warm atmosphere, friendly people, and Schrammel music were just the start. We were seated at an old wooden table, and started with a wonderful cheese plate that included various cheeses from all over Europe - it was wonderful. For the main meal, my brother had the schnitzel, and I had the tafelspitz. Both were spectacular. If you are there in the fall, don't forget to try the Sturm - an amazing drink only available in the fall. The red is far better than the white.

This restaurant has been open and in business since 1857, and is like walking into a piece of history. My brother and I still talk about that night, and there is no way in the world I would EVER be in Vienna and not go back to this place. I wish you all a wonderful meal!
The Hofburg Complex; the restauran…
Here's a picture of the actual res…
travelman727 says:
Amanda, you're the best! You always come through with valuable travel nuggets :-D
Posted on: Aug 16, 2007