Augustiner an der Frauenkirche

Augustiner an der Frauenkirche - Augustiner an der Frauenkirche

Augustiner an der Frauenkirche Dresden Reviews

german_eagle german_e…
Bavarian beerhall type restaurant in Dresden Apr 02, 2017
One day when I met up with a friend of mine after work to chat and have a beer we decided we'd check out one of the more touristy places around the Church of Our Lady in the heart of the old town - Augustiner. The name stands for good beer, that's what we were looking for in the first place. We were pretty early for supper, about 6 pm, but were sent to the second floor because there was no availabilty anymore on first floor and in the cellar. Fine with us, although the ambience upstairs is not as rustic as you'd expect in a beerhall-type restaurant (and which you find on the other floors.)

Good service, quick and friendly. We ordered beer, a glass of "Edelstoff" for me (lager beer, milder as usual - really very good), My friend had dark beer, which he liked - it was somewhat like the Rauchbier in Bamberg, "smoke" beer, I ordered one later and didn't like it.

Anyway, we got hungry and ordered food, too. I had a "Bayerischer Wurstsalat" (Bavarian sausage salad, for 7.90 Euro), which was pretty good except that the sauce had a bit *too* much vinegar. My friend had a half pork knuckle with a dumpling and sauerkraut. He said it tasted very good, but the portion was very small - not much meat.

The beer was 3.20 Euro for 0.3 l, a bit more expensive than I'm used to, but it is a touristy place as mentioned above.

All in all it was ok, but it's not a place I'll return to soon.
Augustiner an der Frauenkirche
inside, upper floor
Bavarian Wurstsalat
pork knuckle
german_eagle says:
Horscheck - I was forced into going there, believe me. Thanks :-)
Posted on: Apr 09, 2017
HORSCHECK says:
Why the hell are you going to a Bavarian restaurant in Saxony? - Great review anyway.
Posted on: Apr 07, 2017
Jo104 says:
not quite worth it - good to know :-)
Posted on: Mar 23, 2017
Koralifix Koralifix
Time travel including tasty treats Mar 31, 2009
The ‘Pulverturm’ is the perfect spot for everybody, who is a little gourmet, a history lover or, even better, both of them.

This restaurant, arranged in the ground floor of a powder tower from the 16th century, is located in the middle of the highly interesting centre of the city of Dresden.

After enjoying some of the city’s sights this restaurant is the ideal place to have a good and solid bite surrounded by ancient walls and a very special atmosphere.

The menu has available a great choice of different dishes, which please their guests!

Soups, salads and dishes for the small appetite, cold dishes and treats in form of pastries, hearty meat variations and grilled meat, fish dishes, treats for vegetarians and desserts make the heart of many hungry guests beat faster. Besides a lot of guests favour the traditional Saxon cuisine and local wines.

The freshness of the ingredients is guaranteed and I totally loved the mango juice, which I hadn’t have that amazingly tasteful before!

The service is quick and helpful, the staff is really interested in satisfied guests and especially the little ones are treated like prince and princess – thumps up, the dishes are tasty and affordable and the special atmosphere makes the picture perfect!

While having a delicious meal in unique ambience singers and dancers, knights and knaves present an amusing entertainment programme that makes a visit even more valuable.

All in all this restaurant is absolutely recommendable to everybody, who is looking for a nice and unique place to eat at!
Koralifix says:
Thanks! It's a really enjoyable place indeed!
Posted on: Mar 31, 2009