Augustiner am Platzl

089/211135 ext. 6

Augustiner am Platzl Munich Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Augustiner am Platzl May 12, 2009
Sometimes you can't believe your luck!

I can’t remember when I last time had the luck to find an authentic German combination of a brewery and a traditional Bavarian restaurant. The interior was just what I was looking for; rustic, thick wooden tables and some tables even based on old beer barrels.

Inside was telling me that generations after generation of locals and tourist had passed this path. The ceiling was amazing with the valve lines going from corner to corner. All painted white with a board of checker red and grey squares and leafs painted in silver in the corners.

I started with a Augustiner Dunkel from this brewery which were founded in 1328; only 600 years before my father was born. My main course consisted naturally at this time of year, of Sparglen or asparagus with fresh potatoes and a Wiener schnitzel. The sauce was great; fat and smooth, the stuff that cut at least 5 years of your life!

The waiter was very friendly and was constantly following up on my well being in a pleasant way. This place is highly re commendable due to their authenticity, speed and customer approach.

Great choice Christian - but I think I ate 200g of butter during this dish!
Koralifix says:
Nice one! Sounds like an inviting place!
Posted on: May 16, 2009