August

www.augustny.com - (Info)+1-212-929-4774; (Reservation) +1-212-929-8727

August New York Reviews

ellechic ellechic
Small intimate restaurant in Greenwich Jan 26, 2009
Small and intimate, August is a bistro-like restaurant that serves a simple to an ecclectic array of dishes that is Noveau American to Mediterranean. They have tapas and their breads are great as well.

We were seated at their enclosed outdoor dining area lighted by the sunny weather outside.

Try the potage of cauliflower with smoked raisins, capers, and parsely to start, a wonderfully prepared cream soup. Or maybe the kleftiko of lamb belly, a grilled lamb belly, tzatziki, and black sesame that is just cooked right, and a plate of cured European meats with mustard and traditional garnish.

For entrees, the buckwheat crusted salmon served with pilaf, scallion, red grapes, and wild mushroom vinaigrette is delish, and so is the licorice craised Roulade de Veau with sauteed romaine, fava beans, hazelnuts, and preserved lemon.

For dessert, I found the caramelized banana butter cake drizzled with ,alted semifreddo and bourbon-walnut butterscotch, or pistachio-kataifi kaklava served with rosemary-vanilla yogurt and fig gelato, and also the pear-parsnip cake with pear cream and amareno cherries, a delicious ending to a meal.

My favorite amongst the menu is the potage of cauliflower and for dessert the pistachio-kataifi kaklava served with rosemary-vanilla yogurt and fig gelato gets my vote!
August: Enclosed outdoor dining ar…
August: Front seating area [pho…

Related Travel Blogs About August

Preparations
Day 1 (August 1st)   We had a taxi booked to take us from our house in Blackpool to Manchester Airport. Cost was £75 return. It’s a bit expensive, but it saves struggling with carrying bags…New York, rain broke out again! We had to run for cover at Penn Station before catching the subway to the hostel.     Day 8 (August
Flüge gebucht!
Endlich habe ich es geschafft und meine Flüge gebucht. Damit steht auch der grobe Ablauf meiner Reise: Am 21. Juli möchte unser Geschäftsführer mir zur bestandenen Abschlusspr&uu…York habe ich vier Tage Zeit. Hauptziel sollte der Gaffelausschank sein, über den mich Jan hoffentlich noch ein wenig informiert. 1. August: New York
New York City - Adventure Day 1
New York City August 2007 Adventure This is my adventure of a trip I did in August 2007, I did a trip for a few days to the Big Apple, New York City. This is one city I had been mean to go to for a…New York City August 2007 Adventure This is my adventure of a trip I did in August 2007, I did a trip…

Check New York Hotel Deals