August Coffee House

August Coffee House - cool mural

August Coffee House Budapest Reviews

Ils1976 Ils1976
a must when visiting the city May 23, 2015
The coffee house is located in the vicinity of the main shopping and restaurant street and anyone with a little bit of skill in reading a map can easily find its way to this yummy pastry shop.

Apparently it was established in the late 1800’s and together with that other famous patisserie they are the oldest of the whole of Budapest. Knowing this, I can only say that it is a must to go and have a look as well as a taste and I can tell you now, you won’t be disappointed.

The atmosphere that surrounds the place is very cozy and the staff is very friendly and eager to assist you, which is sometimes a good thing as well if you happen to see all those delicious things in front of you.

It was difficult choosing, but in the end I went for the light version of the lemon cheese cake and although I am not always a big fan of cheesecake, this one was so yummy that I had to keep myself under control, otherwise I definitely would have gone for seconds. I now know that it was the right choice, but at the moment itself it was kind of a punishment.

All the cakes and pastries are homemade and they even are famous for making their own ice cream of which I didn’t had to pleasure of trying out, but there is always a next time when I happen to come back one day. If that ever happens, I am surely going to revisit this place.
entrance
cool mural
the counter
so much to choose from
Ils1976 says:
nope ... that's just by accident! :D
Posted on: Oct 20, 2015
EmyG says:
Anna Cafe, August Coffee House :D do you choose only cafes that have human names? ;)
Posted on: Oct 20, 2015