Aubrey Restaurant & Bar

https://www.opentable.co.uk/… - +44 (0) 207 589 6300

Aubrey Restaurant & Bar London Reviews

DAO DAO
Maybe Not Apr 22, 2017
This restaurant is inside the creepy Kensington Hotel. The staff were great, but the atmosphere is creepy. I was ushered into a nice, but dark looking restaurant through some weird dark curtains. I honestly thought my blood might be on the menu for Vampires. I had a 50% discount from the

OpenTable website and it still cost me over $50 for a bad 2 course meal and 1 beer. Not impressed.

My starter was a Chefs salad that was ok. To be frank the cheese and ham were small nuggets at the bottom and even the lettuce seemed rationed. This was the ‘large portion’ on the menu! I would think the smaller portion might be for prisoners. In the darker reaches of the hotel.

My main was described on the menu as this: "Roast breast of corn­fed chicken, pancetta, baby onions, purple sprouting broccoli, parisian potatoes, tarragon sauce".

I would describe this as foul sewage with the world's smallest broccoli and other vegetables that should never be served to humans. Maybe the starvation prisoers located behind the curtains somewhere, but not paying customers. It tasted plain nasty and it was tiny.

So my recommendation?

Avoid this place like the plague. I don't know what plague tastes like, but it’s free!

Favorite Dish:

Salad ok, beer ok, other than that...
vances says:
Won't smile, but thanks for the honest feedback and the chuckles. Sounds like if you swallow everything you might get more "feed back"...

Plague is not always free --- for some folks there is hell to pay!

:^)