Auberge de Reims

17 Rue Joseph Junck, Luxembourg, Luxembourg

Auberge de Reims Luxembourg Reviews

planxty planxty
Do they know something I don't? Apr 24, 2017
I hope the reader has been following this journal and has seen the separate entry for the Cafe du Globe in the "Station Quarter" and if it did not appear lazy I could virtually cut and paste my review for that to here as there are so many similarities between the premises with one notable difference which I shall come to shortly. In some ways this is not surprising as the two premises sit across a narrow little side street from each other and I would doubt if they are more than 15 yards apart, you can see into one from the other.

Auberge de Reims is also a bar that happens to have a hotel above it although it does not exude the atmosphere of a hotel bar in the accepted sense. On the several occasions I visited it was staffed by charming people who all seemed to speak at least passable English and served well-kept beer. It is spotlessy clean although with a slightly more modern decor than it's more traditional neighbour and is a perfectly pleasant place for a beer.

The difference I alluded to above was in the clientele. Whilst the Globe seems always have a few people about it, the Reims had only a few patrons on a weekend night and I literally had the place to myself on a Monday lunchtime which is perhaps less surprising. The prices here are completely normal for the area so maybe the locals know something I don't or maybe it is just the fickle nature of the drinking public but I can find no fault with the Reims and so would have to recommend it.
Why is it always empty?