Auberge de Jeunesse Saverne

Check Saverne Hotel Deals

Auberge de Jeunesse Saverne Reviews

maryanntravel maryannt…
Youth hostel in Saverne Jul 06, 2007
During our school visit to the concentration camp Natzweiler-Struthof, we stayed at this youth hostel for 3 days (2 nights). I had expected the worst, but it turned out to be quite nice.

The hostel is located on one of the floors in Chateau des Rohan, a very nice building from the 18th century. The accessibility with the tour bus was fine and the welcome was nice.

The rooms were of acceptable size. There were four bunk beds in each room, so place for eight people in total. What I want to point out is that the bathrooms were very nice, and surprisingly modern. The bathrooms were extremely clean and the showers had a timer of five minutes on them to save water, which I thought was very nature-friendly.

Furthermore, the hostel has a breakfast/dinner room, both were tasty and taken care of well. They also have a common room which we used with our class in the evening.

The other travelers were of no disturbance. The surroundings were also very quiet.

I am still not a huge fan of hostels, but I can recommend this one if you are in the Alsace area and would like to save some money on accommodation.
Chateau des Rohan
View from our room
Room
Room
Koralifix says:
Congrats on this feature, Mary Ann! Way to go.
Ils1976 says:
Congrats on today's feature! :)
vulindlela says: